(I've already posted this to the EA forums and was advised to publish it here too.)
I've been using Frosty Mod Manager for Mass Effect Andromeda for some time now and had no problem with it until a few days ago. The game will launch from Origin but not from the Mod Manager, literally nothing comes up even though my task bar says the game is running. I've visited every forum I can find on this issue and have tried every solution. This includes:
- Deleting the bcrypt.dll file and ModData folder in the game directory (when I delete the ModData and try to launch from Frosty, it just tells me there's a new installation detected, regenerates the folder and then doesn't launch.)
- Deleting the bcrypt.dll file from the FrostyModManager/ThirdParty folder
- Repairing the game after doing the above
- Running all programmes as administrator
- Re-installing the Mod Manager and game (several times)
- Doing a system reboot of the PC, plus a clean up
- Launching without any mods installed (so I know it's not the mods that are the issue.)
Just to note, I have Mass Effect Andromeda located in my DATA folder, because my Windows drive it very low on space, but again, this has never been a problem before so I assume that has nothing to do with it. I'm getting pretty frustrated, as these steps have worked for other people but don't seem to work for me. If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.
Edited by LucyGreer, 12 January 2020 - 01:44 PM.