(I've already posted this to the EA forums and was advised to publish it here too.)

I've been using Frosty Mod Manager for Mass Effect Andromeda for some time now and had no problem with it until a few days ago. The game will launch from Origin but not from the Mod Manager, literally nothing comes up even though my task bar says the game is running. I've visited every forum I can find on this issue and have tried every solution. This includes:

• Deleting the bcrypt.dll file and ModData folder in the game directory (when I delete the ModData and try to launch from Frosty, it just tells me there's a new installation detected, regenerates the folder and then doesn't launch.)
  • Deleting the bcrypt.dll file from the FrostyModManager/ThirdParty folder
  • Repairing the game after doing the above
  • Running all programmes as administrator
  • Re-installing the Mod Manager and game (several times)
  • Doing a system reboot of the PC, plus a clean up
  • Launching without any mods installed (so I know it's not the mods that are the issue.)

Just to note, I have Mass Effect Andromeda located in my DATA folder, because my Windows drive it very low on space, but again, this has never been a problem before so I assume that has nothing to do with it. I'm getting pretty frustrated, as these steps have worked for other people but don't seem to work for me. If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Edited by LucyGreer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having the same problem, running on Windows 7 here. Tried every single one of those solutions as well, to no avail. If anyone has a solution that does not involve "bcrypt.dll" (which doesn't even exist in the latest version of Frosty), running as administrator or taking full control of the folders, since I've tried all of those, it would be much appreciated. Just like OP, I can launch the game normally, but if I try to use the Mod Manager it just has a process in the Task Manager, but nothing shows up.

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure the game is not pirated, Frosty don't work with the pirated version.

It most certainly does work with the pirated version. Or at least it used to when I was playing it few months ago. Now I have the same problem as the OP. Nothing I tried helped. Deleted and re-installed the mod profiles/files/mod-manager, re-installed the game, Launch the game/mod manager as an administrator etc. Even bought the actual game from the Origin store. To no avail. Now I'm stuck with the vanilla game. And to add the insult to injury I seem to have lost/deleted the Mod-manager I used to run the game with and the newer version is no good since the mods are not compatible with it.

Edited by gaaxure

• 1 month later...

ok. i keep this short cause my English is bad.

I'm from NY lol.

no really.

After Frosty was told to launch the game it went to the menu page and I was told to hit space. (normal)

Now normally unmodded you just hit resume and play.

But ..... It took me a day with No responding/repair/reinstall/Windowed game..not fullscreen to figure out my solution.

In Task Manager it would say MEA was not responding and it took me awhile to realize that Frosty was still launching the game behind the MEA menu.

All I had to do was wait....like 5 mins....and after you see Frosty not loading the mod the MEA menu can be accessed.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny, but the old versions of FMM 1.03alpha4 inclusive, everything worked for me and it works now. it is a pity that the new versions of the FMM do not work with new mods.