Photo

Frosty Mod Manager not launching game

frosty frosty mod manager bioware mass effect mass effect andromeda mods technical issues

26 replies to this topic

PetePitter

PetePitter

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

The FMM v1.0.4.2 runs perfekt on my Win7 64 System. After I switched to Win10 64 the FMM don´t launch MEA. I´d tried FMM v1.0.5.9 and it´s the same. 

I forgot, NO it is not a pirate Version of MEA.

Fortissimo71

Fortissimo71

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

With win10 build 1909 the latest FMM (1059) worked just fine. After windows update to build 2004 not any more. Symptome is like same as described above. FMM starts applying mods, launches MEA, then nothing happens.

In task manager MEA is running under FMM.

Fortunately 2004 could be undone, so with older version 1909 it works again.

tenchimuyo93

tenchimuyo93

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

at time of posting video may not work cause of SD processing of video is taking for ever

but since 2004 win10 update, frosty 1.0.5.9 not 1.0.5.7 will not correctly launch MEA, both worked perfect in 1909 with same game install and mods.

normal tricks to fix FMM do not work. 

zheega

zheega

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Damn, I wanted to replay MEA and again got this bug. But now it is a problem with Windows 2004? This sucks so much...

boguzoid

boguzoid

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I can confirm Frost Mod Manager stopped working for me after updating to the 2004 Windows 10 update.  

DarcRequiem

DarcRequiem

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I was hoping it was just me. I was starting up the MEA and I couldn't get the mods to work. So it seems the new Windows update screwed us all.  :sad:

SireEvalish

SireEvalish

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am also experiencing this issue. It first started happening after I updated to Windows 10 build 2004. I rolled back to 1903, but the issue persists. I've tried all the typical tips online on how to fix it and nothing works. I tried the decrypt dll trick, uninstalling/reinstalling the game, etc. No good.

Edited by SireEvalish, 13 August 2020 - 11:17 AM.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,062 posts

I'm running Win10/64-bit, version 2004, Build 10.0.19041, and Frosty version 10.0.5.9 with no problems.  Latest EA/Origin update also already applied.  Still no issues...

But I'm only using .fbmod-formatted mods.  :thumbsup:

AlvesGV

AlvesGV

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Here it stopped working in the last update from Origin. 

The mod manager not launch the Me Andromeda... 

TheCrisis13

TheCrisis13

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Here it stopped working in the last update from Origin. 

The mod manager not launch the Me Andromeda... 

Same here for me for Battlefront 2. I double checked to see if I had the dll issue mentioned early and I don't have that dll in my files. 

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: frosty, frosty mod manager, bioware, mass effect, mass effect andromeda, mods, technical issues

Page loaded in: 1.321 seconds