• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is the issue people are running into, but the latest Origin update has caused issues for mostly steam users.

Fix for Origin Users where the game is running as a background process only: First delete your ModData folder that Frosty creates in the Game Directory before trying to launch through Frosty, do this every time you have a Operating System Update or Origin update just in case.

I have latest Origin (my games are on Origin) + Windows and on my laptop it runs fine, same on PC except I ran into the issue where it only ran as a background process but after deleting the ModData the issue was fixed.

Steam users: At the moment the only fix seems to be to roll back to the previous version of Origin, by uninstalling your latest Origin and then installing the older version and running in offline mode when it prompts you to either go offline or update. Make sure to also Delete the ModData folder before trying to launch through FMM again.

Also remember to close all instances of Origin including WebHelper before launching through FMM as this can cause issues too for the steam bought versions, once you click launch it will launch Origin and then your game.

Edited by Padme4000

I've tried everything people are recommending both on this forum and other forums. Nothing has worked so far. I even tried downloading an older version of origin and the moment you launch it tries to download an update. If you launch it offline it doesn't let you login until you go online and going online only lets you update not login.

I have bought the game both on origin and steam. Downloading the game through Origin and then launching it with frosty worked fine. Downloading the game through steam and then launching with frosty does not work.

Now what I realized after all that uninstalling and reinstalling origin is that if you launch Andromeda through stream origin pops up, it shows a "Connecting to Origin" message and the game launches just fine. Trying to launch the game from frosty origin launches again only this time it asks you to login with your account to it instead of just logging in through steam and bypassing the User/password screen. If you login and then try to launch Andromeda again keep seeing origin's home tab.

It looks to me like the problem with frosty is that it's launching Origin instead of Andromeda for some weird reason.

Before anyone asks yes I have selected MassEffectAndromeda.exe and the mods install just fine. Also it's not some issue with the mods being outdated or having conflicts because I tried the exact same mod list through my Origin installation and it worked fine.

Edit: I also just tried to launch the game through an older version of frosty and a couple of mods, again it's just launching origin and asking me to login or launching my home screen when I have logged in.

Edited by Menelaos100

I have fix for Steam version that worked for me.

1. I launched ORIGIN
  2. Launched STEAM
  3. Selected Steam version of Mass Effect Andromeda in Origin
  4. select Settings
  5. In settings, go to game properties
  6. In properties go to Advanced Launch Options
  7. Go to the command line arguments
  8. I inserted the path to Frosty Mod manager executable
  9. I launch the game through Frosty Mod Manager

my path to the Frosty Mod Manager looks like this for my installation, you will have to use your own path

-C:\Users\shann\Documents\Mod Crap\MassEffect\Frosty\FrostyModManager

EDIT:

It will stop launching if mods are changed, to fix this just close Origin and launch again through the mod manager.

Hope this works or helps

1. I launched ORIGIN
  2. Launched STEAM
  3. Selected Steam version of Mass Effect Andromeda in Origin
  4. select Settings
  5. In settings, go to game properties
  6. In properties go to Advanced Launch Options
  7. Go to the command line arguments
  8. I inserted the path to Frosty Mod manager executable
  9. I launch the game through Frosty Mod Manager

my path to the Frosty Mod Manager looks like this for my installation, you will have to use your own path

Hope this works or helps

this works for me. thanks

• I launched ORIGIN
  • Launched STEAM
  • Selected Steam version of Mass Effect Andromeda in Origin
  • select Settings
  • In settings, go to game properties
  • In properties go to Advanced Launch Options
  • Go to the command line arguments
  • I inserted the path to Frosty Mod manager executable
  • I launch the game through Frosty Mod Manager

EDIT:

It will stop launching if mods are changed, to fix this just close Origin and launch again through the mod manager.

Hope this works or helps

Yesss! This worked, thank you SO much!