Well, unless I missed something, it doesn't look like the issue has been addressed for the Origin version, so I guess I'll try and give my details to get this ball rolling.

• I'm on Win 10, don't recall the version but at least 1709
  • Fresh install of ME:A not on C-drive
  • New installation of FMM, latest version
  • None of the mod folders or dll that guides say to delete or w.e exist for me
  • FMM is running in admin mode. I've tried running it in Win 7 compatibility mode as well to no avail.
  • Game goes through the new setup process for installing the mod folder, tells me to give permission to FMM. I hit Ok, then it crashes a few seconds later.
  • Game runs just fine through Origin.
One ore more symbolic links could not be created, please restart tool as Administrator.
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass28_0.<Run>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Frosty.ModSupport.FrostyModExecutor.<Run>d__28.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at FrostyModManager.MainWindow.<launchButton_Click>d__13.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
----------------------
UPDATE - It really does seem like the issue is stemming from the fresh install of the new version of FMM. Once it tries to setup the new directory or w.e when I go to launch MEA without any mods. Is there a way to trick the program into thinking it's not a fresh install?
Edited by StaticJ

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have fix for Steam version that worked for me.

1. I launched ORIGIN
  2. Launched STEAM
  3. Selected Steam version of Mass Effect Andromeda in Origin
  4. select Settings
  5. In settings, go to game properties
  6. In properties go to Advanced Launch Options
  7. Go to the command line arguments
  8. I inserted the path to Frosty Mod manager executable
  9. I launch the game through Frosty Mod Manager

my path to the Frosty Mod Manager looks like this for my installation, you will have to use your own path

-C:\Users\shann\Documents\Mod Crap\MassEffect\Frosty\FrostyModManager

EDIT:

It will stop launching if mods are changed, to fix this just close Origin and launch again through the mod manager.

Hope this works or helps

I added the steam version to Origin, but when I try selecting "Game Properties" under the settings, nothing happens

Another update- I've gone back and tried some older versions of the FMM. So far I'm on 1.0.5, and still no dice. It's the exact same error. I'm wondering if it would be possible to take another person's FMM folder and ModData folder, and put it into my installations. The fact that each version fails at setting up the Mod folder or the dlls is very odd. I even verified the game in Origin just in case. No dice.

-------------------

UPDATE - Some progress. I went back and downloaded FrostyModManager_v1.0.3alpha4. This version is able to install and setup properly. When I run it, it brings up Origin, but doesn't launch MEA. I copy the bcrypt dll to the most recent version and it too is now able to launch Origin, but not the game. However, if I attempt to delete the ModData folder, everything comes crashing down, and even using a fresh version of 1.0.3 doesn't work, leading me to have to verify the integrity of MEA over again and start all over with 1.0.3.

UPDATE 2 - Well I've hit a dead end. I can't seem to do anything but get Origin to launch through FMM. This is kind of concerning since I was thinking of playing Inquisition, but if FMM seems to be out of reliable commission, I might just have to pass on both of them until someone else is able to provide of bit of push to keep this ball going.

Edited by StaticJ

Well on a whim and stroke of luck, I got it working. I'm not quite sure WHAT exactly I did that got it working, but I'll detail what I did below:

• I noticed that the partition of my EHD I had MEA installed on didn't have the ability to alter security settings. As a result, I moved it to a different partition that had the ability to alter security options/.
  • I turned the read-only setting off for the MEA folder. Note, even though I did this, the setting kept re-enabling itself, or at least it was doing so visually (I don't know if this was the case functionally as well)
  • I deleted the ModData folder in the MEA root.

I think it was a combination of all three that got the manager working, since I've done #3 before and #2 seems to have questionable results. #1 didn't do much when I tried to launch after I did it initially.

EDIT: Forgot to say this was all in addition to the above I did previously.

Edited by StaticJ

• 3 weeks later...

Well on a whim and stroke of luck, I got it working. I'm not quite sure WHAT exactly I did that got it working, but I'll detail what I did below:

• I noticed that the partition of my EHD I had MEA installed on didn't have the ability to alter security settings. As a result, I moved it to a different partition that had the ability to alter security options/.
  • I turned the read-only setting off for the MEA folder. Note, even though I did this, the setting kept re-enabling itself, or at least it was doing so visually (I don't know if this was the case functionally as well)
  • I deleted the ModData folder in the MEA root.

I think it was a combination of all three that got the manager working, since I've done #3 before and #2 seems to have questionable results. #1 didn't do much when I tried to launch after I did it initially.

EDIT: Forgot to say this was all in addition to the above I did previously.

I have the same problem and i tried most of the things that you do but i cant move my game elsewhere, i have no other hd... I assume its a permission or security problem as you said, so is there a any possible solution, anyone?

Edited by germanfryzz

I've tried almost everything to get this horrible Mod manager to work my damn self. I just gave up and uninstalled the game, I guess it'll never be played until they push out a proper update that fixes things. I don't get why EA games have to go through this Mod manager specifically instead of something like NMM, but I'm new to modding in general so I won't question it. It's just frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

FMM goes K.I.A suddenly for me today too. Just opened via Steam>FMM>Origin>DAI, and nothing. Stuck on applying mods forever. Weird is, it started just today,out of nowhere.Delete moddata,mods,reinstalled all mods, nothing,just Applying Mods. At the same time, MEA starts fine with every mods,both via steam/origin.

• 2 months later...

Not sure if this is the issue people are running into, but the latest Origin update has caused issues for mostly steam users.

Fix for Origin Users where the game is running as a background process only: First delete your ModData folder that Frosty creates in the Game Directory before trying to launch through Frosty, do this every time you have a Operating System Update or Origin update just in case.

I have latest Origin (my games are on Origin) + Windows and on my laptop it runs fine, same on PC except I ran into the issue where it only ran as a background process but after deleting the ModData the issue was fixed.

Steam users: At the moment the only fix seems to be to roll back to the previous version of Origin, by uninstalling your latest Origin and then installing the older version and running in offline mode when it prompts you to either go offline or update. Make sure to also Delete the ModData folder before trying to launch through FMM again.

Also remember to close all instances of Origin including WebHelper before launching through FMM as this can cause issues too for the steam bought versions, once you click launch it will launch Origin and then your game.

This here above worked for me. (Deleting the ModData folder in the game folder)

I rebuilt my PC and went from a i5-750 to a ryzen 5800x and had some trouble with getting the game to work again.

This however is due to certain things like:

~ I had to go change the file path of the game in the FMM ini to point at my new game folder path.

~ I had to redo some exceptions in my A/V for the game itself.

~ Finally once the game was starting normally to get the FMM to launch the game again (using FMM1.0.3.1) I had to delete the ModData folder in the game folder and let it reacquire admin rights etc

Game is now launching again for me on windows 10 20H2, before I was on w7. Didn't have to reinstall anything just do the things above.

Oh I may have reinstalled net framework and visual c++ but I had done that already for some other games.

EDIT: Game launches via FMM with no mods but with some mods it just seems to hang after applying mods, going to have to do a painstaking test of checking which mods are causing issues now..... got this fixed now and game loads with all mods.

Had to also download two AnselSDK6.dlls and put these in the game folder, got them here:

https://github.com/zeroKilo/MEAExplorerWV/tree/master/AnselSDK64/Release

"AnselSDK64: add these dlls to main game folder to enable modding/signature bypassing"

I was getting a save game error saying I did not have the DLC and what fixed it for me was unchecking the windows 7 compatibility on the game exe and my old saves started working again.

Edited by Calistin

• 1 month later...

Dai mod manager works perfectly, frosty - dead and gone. BTW should frosty or anything delete bcrypt.dll from gamefolder or origin or game or both control moding that way?

Nevermind, got it running after couple more deletes, launches and deletes again

Edited by B52