Non Steam copy of a Steam exclusive game

bben46

The game itself is groundbreaking - it is just the engine limits what the game makers can actually do. But what they have done with what they had to work with is great. :thumbsup:

Bethesda's lack of writing talent, their incompetent coders and their continued employment of Todd "let the player win" Howard is what holds them back.

To be completely honest their only talent lies in world space making. They make some GREAT worlds and landscapes. The rest is lackluster :P

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pirated copies aren't worth it at the cost of modding.

But what's important is that those who made something are reworded for their work with a decent profit to work with and not have that potential to do so stolen. Copyright helps with this however does not take into account that once one makes a decent profit the goal is complete. They shouldn't require more support near indefinitely like nowadays unless desired to give it. Get away Mickey Mouse! And while I saw people blame pirates for higher prices but that does not make sense. A company will do what they can to secure the highest profit but if they thought they needed to compete with pirated copies they would do reduced not higher prices as that's a competitive decision.

I also saw discussion of communism cause someone communicated they would rather have it than skyrim games under capitalism? Then followed the inevitable responses of communisms negatives. An alternative to look into to state run communism are forms of leftist anarchism. Some of the far left ideas were implemented in Spain for a time wikipedia quote "Their legacy remains important to this day, particularly to anarchists who look at their achievements as a historical precedent of anarchism's validity." Gah! How do I remove the whiteness! I like copy and paste function!

Edited by LelouchDLuffy

I hate to beat a dead horse, and this has probably been discussed at some point, but those retail CDs that required steam to activate etc...

Is it not possible to have one of those, install off the disc, activate it once on steam, then put steam in offline mode forevermore and maybe even physically remove the majority of steam from the computer and still play the game? I honestly don't know. I bought the steam version, but I know steam can be put into offline mode, where it no longer updates games... but yet somehow still seems to log in, or attempts to, I don't know the details.

You know what, never mind. If someone has done that, they've very likely shared the disc and/or the steam account with friends, neighbors, or whatever, making them pirates anyway.

BAN 'EM ALL!

@DelouchDLufy: I think you have made enough money, so you don't get paid any more until you finish your next project in 3 to 5 years. :pinch:

That money the game companies are getting 2 years after release is not paying for the development they put in on that game, but is going to pay the hired programmers of the next game that may not be seen for 5 to 7 years down the road. And to pay the people that put up the money 5 years ago to make the game on a gamble that the game would actually make enough to pay them back.

If you think that game companies make lots of money on every game - look at the Beth release that came between Fallout NewVegas and Skyrim. It was called WET - I'm sure you remember that one - no one else does.

@DelouchDLufy: I think you have made enough money, so you don't get paid any more until you finish your next project in 3 to 5 years. :pinch:

Not to mention that it doesn't matter what attitude any particular member wants to adopt toward stealing other people's work, (and let's be clear -- that's what it is.) What matters here on the Nexus is what Dark0ne has declared is appropriate for his site; which is that we respect the copyrights, EULAs, and IP ownership claims for both games and mods.

Don't like that? Fine. Don't use the Nexus. :armscrossed: