Skyrim Crashes after an hour or so

DeltaPro137

So Far i have installed Crash Fix V12, D3DX9_42 along side Enboost. But atm whenever i open Skyrim "Error:"UseOSAllocators" option could not be applied because the game has already initialized!" appears, and ingame when i try to load a game file to see if i can test stuff "Warning SKSE memory fix is not active on your game! Make sure "Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini" has DefaultHeapInitialAlloc=768 or higher under [Memory]. If using Mod Organizer try using - forcesteamloader to SKSE startup options. you can diable this warning from "Data/SKSE/Plugins/CrashFixPlugins.ini by setting "WarnSKSEMemorypatch" to 0"

so first thing is i have downloaded the Plugin Preloader but it says to place it into Skyrim root Directory and not in Data, I thought i did that because it's in the same folder as TESV but i couldnt find what(or understand) where the root directory is but i put it in(C:\Users\*My Name*\AppData\Local\Skyrim). Second is Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini where i couldn't find anywhere so i saw others say to make your own text file and copied

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1
[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048
[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
scrapHeapSizeMB=256
Into but nothing has changed, my brain is losing sanity points trying to understand this. but is there anything i am missing to avoid these 2 warning messages
Also tried starting a new game before all this madness i barely understood to see if the problem lies in and older file but it still crashes after and hour or so
Edited by DeltaPro137

Second is Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini where i couldn't find anywhere so i saw others say to make your own text file and copied

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
[Display]
[Memory]
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

If I understand you correctly, you did not have the file Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini before copying these lines? And these lines - it's all the content of SKSE.ini now?

As far as I know, SKSE needs the parameter RuntimeName to launch the game: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1211799672 That manual is for SE; but for LE, I see, there are similar recommendations: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5793592-skse-launcher-problem/&do=findComment&comment=51634357

Edited by shumkar

If I understand you correctly, you did not have the file Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini before copying these lines? And these lines - it's all the content of SKSE.ini now?

Second is Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini where i couldn't find anywhere so i saw others say to make your own text file and copied

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
[Display]
[Memory]
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

As far as I know, SKSE needs the parameter RuntimeName to launch the game: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1211799672 That manual is for SE; but for LE, I see, there are similar recommendations: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5793592-skse-launcher-problem/&do=findComment&comment=51634357

I pretty sure i didn't have Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini but half of me was thinking i was looking in the wrong spot. for it either way i did make a Notepad Document with that name and copied that text in, And i will look up that RuntimeName

[General]
EnableDiagnostics=1
[Display]
[Memory]
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

I pretty sure i didn't have Data/SKSE/SKSE.ini but half of me was thinking i was looking in the wrong spot. for it either way i did make a Notepad Document with that name and copied that text in, And i will look up that RuntimeName

There use to be an SKSE.ini file available in the Steam Workshop for people who didn't want to fool with their own ini files.

Possible that SKSE has some default RuntimeName for the case if none RuntimeName is indicated in SKSE.ini. But I believe it's better to indicate it. Don't forget about the [Loader] section when indicating.

SKSE.ini must be located in the Data/SKSE/ folder 'counting' from the folder where TESV.exe (for Skyrim LE) is.

Edited by shumkar

You should have a Skyrim/Data/SKSE folder,in which you drop the skse.ini file you created, if you do not have that skse folder in Data just create it. In that folder you will have that file and "plugins" where skse mods like Ely's Uncapper are put by default.

The Data/SKSE folder is not necessary to launch the game from skse_loader.exe but is just where the game when launched will look for records that files which depend on skse are kept.

So far i deleted the SKSE.ini i created and downloaded a premade one instead from nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038?tab=description is the one i downloaded, also i changed defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 to 1024 as i saw someone do the same saying if fixed some crashes. along with that i changed "CrashPluginFix" text file

UseOSAllocators=1 to 0 because i kept giving me the "Error:"UseOSAllocators" option could not be applied because the game has already initialized!" But i have some doubts it would be the right thing to do because it's giving me a warning for a reason but after checking skyrim both messages do not appear like they did before. Also i wanted to apologize for not being able to respond to often for all this epic help im getting but work has been getting in the way and dedicating several hours to Skyrim a day to see if it crashes has been tricky. hopefully tonight i can see if it crashes still

Edited by DeltaPro137

huh....so it isn't crashing where it stops responding for a eternity while im scrolling now, but now it crashed(like an entire close out of the game to my desktop) when im just walking about, but like before it was after about 2 hours. im a touch annoyed but atleast its doing something different, but i just realized i didn't us LOOT to organize the Skse.ini so i will test tonight again after i look up more ways to fix this specific crash

Edited by DeltaPro137