Advice for Indoors settlement Vault 75 please

TaxiVader

Hi folks.

I've been trying to make Vault 75 into a player settlement. So far I can get it to do that, with Sim Settlement functionality, send/receive settlers, supply lines, pipboy marker data etc, but...there is a problem.

The settlement works as long as I don't do too much in the cell. As soon as I try extending stuff, adding extra parts, or even removing unscrappable items like the Gunner defenses, it stuffs up.

The stuff up is that when I enter workshop mode by NOT clicking on the WB I get either 0 or 20 happiness (normally 50) and it shows as 0 food, water, beds, defenses, etc. Also, when I do click on the WB to enter build mode it enters the correct settlement mode only about 30% of the time. It's bizarre.

Other things I've seen:

* I click on the WB for the first time standing in a particular spot. It works OK. Then go out of build mode, click on the WB again and it will not go into the correct mode, I have to move around to a different part of the WB.

* I can build structural stuff in the 0 or 20 mode which the settlers are happy to walk on (so the navmesh must be carrying over from the 0/20 Hap WB state to the 50 Hap WB state), but they do not recognise anything interactive.

I thought about maybe trying to put more WB copies around the cell, but they'd have to be somehow linked to the parent WB and I have no idea how to do that. What I'd really like is for the cell to behave normally.

Does anyone have any ideas? I'll try anything. I've been at it for almost 3 days now, so a result would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Roger.