Shiny body when Equipping/Unequipping/Loading

alfirin657

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, sorry to resurrect older posts, but since this is an issue that can potentially ruin a save, I'll share my two cents:

As discussed before, this happens if you load a preset that makes reference to a missing dds file. As was the case with many of you, I found the culprit to be a reference to estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds. It does not matter if you never had this particular mod (actually if you have it the issue won't manifest). If you download a preset from anywhere that has this reference (or probably to any *femalebody_1_s.dds), it will mess your SKSE scripts. I think this is how it will "jump" to other saves, because it apparently borks the overall running SKSE scripts.

Since reverting to old saves (after rebooting the game) solves the issue, I decided to test replacing the .skse co-save of a borked file with one of a good file. Lo and behold, the issue goes away - so it is something that gets stored in the co-save. I do not recommend doing that, because it will probably break something else, but at least it got the glossy skin to go away.

I kind of "hijacked" Proteus discussion page talking about it (sorry Phenderix!), so here is a link to the original post: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/9733058-project-proteus/page-169&do=findComment&comment=92845253

Also, if you go there, check out his mod, it is amazing :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi people, i have the same problem, and according to what i read in this thread so far, this problem is (at least in my case) attributed to the fact that i am using racemenu presets thta i imported from my Oldrim and now using in SE, infact, if i create a new carachter without using preexisting presets the gloss wont appear when changing/equip/unequip main armor pieces, the thing is, i dint quite get if there's a practical and save-safe way to solve this problem for the saves where it has already manifested.

So I noticed this issue a while back but didn't think much of it until tonight, when I tried to fix it. Started by playing with all the textures and was super confused when that did nothing. After some searches I found this topic, among others. I'm using the Evanescence preset, which might have caused it, and I've heard people talk about the Estrus mod in relation, so I tried something crazy... I installed it and used it on my character. I do NOT recommend this unless you are into some pretty heavy kink, but it actually worked? The shine seems to be gone. I don't want to recommend this as a solution, but maybe it can help someone else figure out how to actually fix it?

So I noticed this issue a while back but didn't think much of it until tonight, when I tried to fix it. Started by playing with all the textures and was super confused when that did nothing. After some searches I found this topic, among others. I'm using the Evanescence preset, which might have caused it, and I've heard people talk about the Estrus mod in relation, so I tried something crazy... I installed it and used it on my character. I do NOT recommend this unless you are into some pretty heavy kink, but it actually worked? The shine seems to be gone. I don't want to recommend this as a solution, but maybe it can help someone else figure out how to actually fix it?

The way to actually fix it is to have the required mods installed. When looking at the preset it will list a list of mods that were used to create the mod. Usually the mod page also mentions these.

There are many mods that can lead to this condition (in my own experience, both BOSSE's "tan" function can go awry, and Wet Function Redux can hiccup, both causing the issue (not the only ones just the most recent for me...I can also cite one of the tattoo application mods but can't recall its name since it's been so long) , and no it's not as simple as "installing all the dependency mods". I install all of a mod's missing dependencies when I install mods. (I don't reinstall dependencies that are already installed and up to date, as that doesn't make sense)

There are many mods that can lead to this condition (in my own experience, both BOSSE's "tan" function can go awry, and Wet Function Redux can hiccup, both causing the issue (not the only ones just the most recent for me...I can also cite one of the tattoo application mods but can't recall its name since it's been so long) , and no it's not as simple as "installing all the dependency mods". I install all of a mod's missing dependencies when I install mods. (I don't reinstall dependencies that are already installed and up to date, as that doesn't make sense)

Funny I have never had this problem occur ever when I had the modpages recommended and required mods installed. You must be doing something strange if that does not fix it for you. (also I never said to reinstall the mods?)

Funny, I have had things go wrong, even when I installed all the dependencies. (which I always do)

I said I don't reinstall dependencies just to be clear about my installation/uninstallation process. And I said it for the OP's benefit. The only point I noted from you is your assertion that if you install all the dependencies, nothing will go wrong, which is false. that is, it's true in many cases, but not all.

Funny, I have had things go wrong, even when I installed all the dependencies. (which I always do)

I said I don't reinstall dependencies just to be clear about my installation/uninstallation process. And I said it for the OP's benefit. The only point I noted from you is your assertion that if you install all the dependencies, nothing will go wrong, which is false. that is, it's true in many cases, but not all.

You are probably overwriting them with other mods.