Heavy Traffic ×

Shiny body when Equipping/Unequipping/Loading

alfirin657

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preset? I never said preset. I said mods. Please read slower, or at least more carefully.

What? You are the one that replied to me... I was talking about racemenu presets... you know... the subject we were discussing?...

Edited by Helmsmasher

This thread is about shiny body artifacts. Two such mods that can cause/contribute-to this artifact in my experience are, as I said earlier, Wet Function Redux and Bosse
you claimed that such shiny body problems are due to not installing dependencies.

In other words it happens when you install a mod without installing the requirements.

and later...

The way to actually fix it is to have the required mods installed. When looking at the preset it will list a list of mods that were used to create the mod. Usually the mod page also mentions these.

I challenged that assertion by saying that no, it's not that simple. it is not always the case that installing a mod's dependencies solves this issue. Tis issue can be cause by a myriad of sources. It might be a bum preset, or it might be something entirely different. For instance, I wasn't even using racemenu presets when I first encountered the issue (BOSSE)

Yes, for the presets. This exact issue is caused by racemenu presets. I am not talking about similar cases, I am talking about this particular one. I get the feeling you only read my reply and not the rest of the conversation. Which is fine, just clarifying the meaning of my post is different from what you initially thought.

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

I have the exact same issue, and I think I fixed it. I first encountered it when loading presets in Race Menu. Strangely, older presets (like 2 years old) didn't have this issue. Comparing the jslot files, I found that the newer ones have a section with the following:

"skinOverrides" : [
{
"firstPerson" : false,
"slotMask" : 4,
"values" : [
{
"data" : "textures\\actors\\character\\female\\estrusfemalebody_1_s.dds",
"index" : 7,
"key" : 9,
"type" : 2
}
]
}
That's a specular texture that doesn't exist on my computer, so I can only guess that is some issue introduced by Racemenu. Since the texture doesn't exist, you just get 100% shiny. What you can do is delete that section (open in notepad then do a search for "skinOverrides") from your present. Then reload the preset and problem solved.

how do i get to here to delete this section?

I have this problem and haven't been able to fix it. For me, the glossy skin appears even in old saves, new game saves, etc. At this point, I'm pretty much at my wits end. Any ideas?

Install the required mods for the preset you are trying to use.

• 2 months later...

I sometimes see the vets disparaging Vortex and SE methodology and encouraging people to behave as if this was LE and the time was 2014.... And it kinda bugs me, because I've never once experienced the stuff they claim is going on and have used Vortex the entire time I've been playing. (started playing in ~feb of 2019) I respect their opinions on some things, but I see a clear bias that comes from them and I feel a certain busybody need to battle it. I don't know how Vortex was 2 years ago. I do know how it's been over the past ~year. Pretty darned solid.
So much this. I'm currently running 410 mods, every one of them handled by Vortex. I do not understand the obvious undercurrent (sometimes not so under) of hatred and disparagement based on untruths and fake assumptions about Vortex, but most of the shade cast on Vortex is just plain ignorant, and false.

PS: I tried to use the forum Quote system so the quote above would have attribution, but it's not working today, so if you want to know who said it, go look- it's among the first 10 posts in this thread.