[LE] Weird Pyramid Head shadow

AlexJ96

Hello, everyone. Hope everyone's having a fantastic day. Well, this is a re-post. I posted this in Skyrim Mod Troubleshooting then noticed this room right here. Naturally, I packed my stuff and moved over.

Now, with that out of the way, let's get to business. I've been playing Skyrim for few months now and started modding it a couple of weeks after I started playing. Well... some issue surfaced from my first time modding. I downloaded an armor mod from some weird website way back but couldn't really get it to work since I was using CBBE and it was UNP. But I, following a few guidelines, got it converted to CBBE... somehow... but there's an issue. There are weird shadows on the armor. Here are some screenshots:

https://prnt.sc/qp7491

https://prnt.sc/qp74td

There is a weird triangle shadow that appears on my character whenever she's wearing the armor. It's as if it's coming from some invincible triangle close to the character's head. If someone saw that shadow gradually closing in on them from the back, they'd be scared to death thinking it's Pyramid Head. Now, we can't have that, can we?

Oh, while I'm here, might as well ask for this too. There is another issue with the gauntlets; the fingers won't wrap around any weapon or torches the character has equipped. Spells work fine, though.

After some digging around in NifSkope, I noticed a lot of those lines (they appear to be a skeleton or something, forgive me, but I'm new to this) are not present in other armor mods I have installed. A lot of wings, tails... Vampire Lord wings? Wtf? And genitals? What is this? I just want this armor to work, like all other ones.

Question is, is there a way to easily copy the lines (skeleton?) from another armor? Instead of tracking every one of them down and deleting them manually, which could result in me screwing something else up?

After some further testing, it appears to follow the camera. I went into free cam mod, and it's pointy end followed the camera around, stretching itself from the character to where the camera is. Looked around a bit and found a post about changing bone weights, but I have no idea how to do that. And if it would fix the problem or not. Tried looking in Outfit Studio and NifSkope, but nothing. I even went to download Blender, but I can barely use Outfit Studio lmao

If anyone has been through this, I'd appreciate the help.

Did you follow the correct conversion process? Once you switch the body out to CBBE that should take care of any odd skeleton issues. It sounds like your mesh has leftover unecessary nodes in it or invisible geometry you need to get rid of but it's hard to help someone troubleshoot without actually looking at it. Can you upload the mesh somewhere?

Same conversion process would apply to the gauntlets as well, it's not properly rigged to the hands.

Did you follow the correct conversion process? Once you switch the body out to CBBE that should take care of any odd skeleton issues. It sounds like your mesh has leftover unecessary nodes in it or invisible geometry you need to get rid of but it's hard to help someone troubleshoot without actually looking at it. Can you upload the mesh somewhere?

ÃÂ

Same conversion process would apply to the gauntlets as well, it's not properly rigged to the hands.

That's the guide that I followed. As for the extra geometry, I don't know if I did copy the skeleton/bone stuff right. I'll try to upload the mesh and link it here. Oh, the gauntlets need converting too? Damn... Thanks, Hanaisse. Appreciate it.

Edited by AlexJ96

Oh, one more thing. Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but whenever I edit the mesh and try to save or export it, Outfit Studio tells me that some parts (the capes) have no weight or weighted bones or something. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, though I wouldn't be surprised if it did, but I really have no idea what to do about it. How do you add weight to them?

The unweighted vertices have everything to do with it, that's exactly the "pointy head" shape you're seeing. If vertices are not properly weighted to the body they float, like that. This can be fixed by increasing the search radius when you copy bone weights.

You can fix the gauntlets by importing them into outfit studio, then import the vanilla hands nif. Set the hands as the reference (right click > set reference) then select the gauntlets shape and copy bone weights.

I tried to increase the search radius and it worked! Thanks a lot, Hanaisse. I appreciate the help. But sadly, couldn't get the hands to work. I also noticed that the fingers are shorter in the gauntlets than other gauntlets, gloves and the hands mesh.