CTD whenever game saves [modded game]

nbucilini

I've been having a problem for a while now where whenever my game saves, I immediately crash to desktop. I've tried troubleshooting as much as possible but I don't know much about the technical aspects of the game so the problem still persists. I have installed the engine fixes mod and the optional memory file too (I made sure I did this correctly), this has not helped.I've scoured the internet and can't find a solution to my issues, please help.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure that none of the folders in Documents/My Games/Skyrim SE are set to 'read only'. It would be strange if they were 'read only' but you never know. For the rest, it could be anything. What mod manager are you using?

Make sure that none of the folders in Documents/My Games/Skyrim SE are set to 'read only'. It would be strange if they were 'read only' but you never know. For the rest, it could be anything. What mod manager are you using?

Just checked, none are on read-only. I'm using vortex as my mod manager. I've tried "cleaning" my saves, uninstalling potentially troublesome mods, reinstalling old mods that may have messed things up and installing "fix" mods to no avail.

Adding & deleting mods mid-game is always dangerous, as it changes the L/O. If you could go back to an earlier save and recreate the L/O you had at that time, that might do it. Sometimes though it's just best top start over & learn from your mistakes.