Followers WAIT when you tell them to wait

Swordsguy2010

Are you using vanilla or imported single or multiple followers? And is the main reason you use eff for the menu commands?

Â

Vanilla what? imported? i just clicked download with manager and installed it (EFF mod)....not sure what your getting at..?? and yeah i prefer EFF over AFT because of the wheel menu and it adds a telepathy spell that you can command your followers from any distance. among other things.

The follower(s) you are using, are they vanilla? Custom? Just one? More than one?

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Amazing Follower Tweaks had a bult in option to turn off Relax and they will stay exactly where you tell them to wait. Forever. This will also allow you to modify ai packages: class, skills, dual wielding, healer, etc. As well as having up to 5 (7 with the boost follower patch) and another optional patch for no friendly fire.

(Be sure to get any patches for any other dialogue mod you are using)

ÃÃÂ

yeah that don't work, AFT causes a few issues with EFF so that can't happen. (i use EFF)

That would have helped to know before hand.ð

Are you aware that EFF and AFT do exactly the same thing with minor differences?

Example AFT can turn relax OFF

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

yeah and thats the problem. i had both of them at one point and my guy would sometimes ..stop moving for some reason, not freeze the game wouldn't freeze, i could still look around and open menus and all that but i just couldn't move. i would sheith my spell/blade and just stand there and i couldn't move or do anything other than open menus and quit the game, it would also effect any other entities in the room as well. some guy told me to remove one of them and it fixed the issue quit nicely. never had a problem like that since.

ÃÂ

besides the effectiveness of either or isn't the topic of this thread, allz i want is a mod that when i tell an NPC to wait, they will wait there and use chairs and eat and drink or whatever..permanently until i come and get them, WHEN i want to come and get them. in no way should an NPC just leave my service and DELETE all the valuable items i had in there inventory/s upon leaving. even if i RUSH back to re enlist them the items are GONE, thats it. i don't want that to happen, thats an undesirable scenario. I tell them to wait....THEY WAIT! thats it end of story!.

In the vanilla game, with aft, with eff, it's doesn't matter, followers WILL NOT leave and delete your items. You are running another mod that's causing this issue. Also neither aft or eff will cause the player character to freeze, both aft and eff do not mess with the player character.

You don't need a mod to do what the game ALREADY does.

You're using a mod that is CAUSING your problem.

That's it end if story!

Edited by Syddraf

The follower(s) you are using, are they vanilla? Custom? Just one? More than one?

Lydia, Valdimar, Uthgerd the Unbroken, Sapphire, That assassin dark elf chick that hangs around the drunken huntsman in whiterun (her name escapes me atm.) and **I think** one more dude was in my group?, not sure who ..hm, he was vanilla for sure though.

i don't think any of that even matters, i figured in the games code er whatever theres a frame of time that followers will wait for before getting board and leaving either its real time or game time or a little bit of both. when this runs out they leave your service. and its cumulative as well, so if you tell a follower to wait for a minute then tell him to follow again and then travel on for a bit, then tell him to wait again for a minute or two while you deal with something, this time will tick away.

And even if you just told him to wait after 30 seconds to a minute or so (when his wait time runs out) he will "Get bored" and leave your service and all the s#*! in his inventory that he isn't wearing will Poof into cybernetic oblivion. the rest will probably follow when he gets far enough away from you (out of sight). thats how i see it anyways.

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Amazing Follower Tweaks had a bult in option to turn off Relax and they will stay exactly where you tell them to wait. Forever. This will also allow you to modify ai packages: class, skills, dual wielding, healer, etc. As well as having up to 5 (7 with the boost follower patch) and another optional patch for no friendly fire.

ÃÃÂ

yeah that don't work, AFT causes a few issues with EFF so that can't happen. (i use EFF)

That would have helped to know before hand.ð

Are you aware that EFF and AFT do exactly the same thing with minor differences?

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

yeah and thats the problem. i had both of them at one point and my guy would sometimes ..stop moving for some reason, not freeze the game wouldn't freeze, i could still look around and open menus and all that but i just couldn't move. i would sheith my spell/blade and just stand there and i couldn't move or do anything other than open menus and quit the game, it would also effect any other entities in the room as well. some guy told me to remove one of them and it fixed the issue quit nicely. never had a problem like that since.

ÃÂ

besides the effectiveness of either or isn't the topic of this thread, allz i want is a mod that when i tell an NPC to wait, they will wait there and use chairs and eat and drink or whatever..permanently until i come and get them, WHEN i want to come and get them. in no way should an NPC just leave my service and DELETE all the valuable items i had in there inventory/s upon leaving. even if i RUSH back to re enlist them the items are GONE, thats it. i don't want that to happen, thats an undesirable scenario. I tell them to wait....THEY WAIT! thats it end of story!.

In the vanilla game, with aft, with eff, it's doesn't matter, followers WILL NOT leave and delete your items. You are running another mod that's causing this issue. Also neither aft or eff will cause the player character to freeze, both aft and eff do not mess with the player character.

That's it end if story!

Hm, perhaps. :/

Â

Â

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÃÂ

That would have helped to know before hand.Ãð

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

ÃÃÂ

That's it end if story!

Â

Â

Hm, perhaps. :/

Â

Â

There is no perhaps. This is deffinitive. Go to any other Skyrim forum and ask. Followers WILL NOT leave your service UNLESS you have a mod that makes them. Check your EFF settings I Garuntee that's your problem

They were all vanilla followers. but i got it fixed. it turns out theres an option in the EFF MCM called disable/ignore wait timeout or something like that. i ticked it and now they WAIT. ...why the f*#@ is that even an option to begin with? i don't .. like, what? theres people out there that want their followers to just f*#@ off whenever they get board and lose all their items? like, what? ayah >_< smh.

Â

They were all vanilla followers. but i got it fixed. it turns out theres an option in the EFF MCM called disable/ignore wait timeout or something like that. i ticked it and now they WAIT. ...why the f*** is that even an option to begin with? i don't .. like, what? theres people out there that want their followers to just f*** off whenever they get board and lose all their items? like, what? ayah >_< smh.

I told you. It was a mod. And I told you check your settings. But you wanted to argue.

And yes there are people who want that for immersion.