Whats the deal with alt-tabbing? SSE PC

danielz695

Im playing with a bunch of engine fixes and the havok fix. So my game runs around 120 and it feels good and responsive, but moving the camera you can kinda feel the graininess. That is of course, until I alt-tab out and back in. The game then feels like its on roids and is insanely smooth, is there some kind of limiter or something that somehow turns off when you un-focus the game? I'm using the Nvidia fps display and my frames are about the same before and after but it feels like night and day.

Is there a way to do this without alt-tabbing or is it safe to do this with saves? I'm always paranoid when it comes to the health of my saves.

I could provide video of this if it would help.

Cheers!

I can't help you; but I noticed Alt Tabbing in game is a difficult thing... when you leave the game sometimes you often end up with a double cursor... If you run into that problem; you should

alt tab out - left click a window or two

Then back to your skyrim window you'd right click on the top edge - this generally puts you back into the game just fine....

*Though sometimes alt tabbing out also doesnt work and your mouse can't click anything until you control/alt/delete - then open task manager (can't just do the task manager... ) then you can click again...

These alt tab issues are strange - Haven't run into yours exactly yet.

-- I run my game in window 1080p on a 50 inch 4k monitor... so its a real hassle to deal with these alt tab issues... I'm tempted to run a virtual machine to play skyrim in lmao...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...