davisdragon

Hey everyone,

I am pretty well versed in Skyrim modding and I've learned over the years how to fix a myriad of CTDS and other glitches.... However something new has been happening with my Oldrim.... which never occured in SSE from what I remember.... Before I start I'd like everyone to know that I have over 550 mods running on my game, many of which have been merged into multiple ESPs to bypass the hard coded 255 limit.... I currently am at 249/255 ESPs too and I dont really lag ingame.... I also use Loot and Wyrebash too. However recently when I installed a mod... I went to try to load my game and it said mods where uninstalled and I knew that was odd as I didnt uninstall anything... so I go to load it and it CTD.... I then tried to make a new game and it loaded like normal however it gave me the default Bethesda intro... Which was strange as I run Alternate start.... I also noticed that only a fraction of mods seemed to be working on the cart ride down to the block. So I disabled that mod and I reloaded skyrim and it worked perfectly and everything was fine and when I went to make a new character it put me in the alternate start cell. I then decided that it could simply be a bad mod or it conflicted with my load order and so I ignored it then I went to install another mod... and the same result happened.... and I did the same and it fixed then I proceeded to try a third time and similiar results... With 3 different mods all repeating the results I can assume its not a single confliction or error that causes this issue... Is there a secret hidden limit to how many mods one can run even if you merge mods together? Or could it be the product of an outdated mod or something... I run Oldrim as I hate updating the game for every creation club addition. Well if anyone else has had this issue, still has this issue or knows a solution.... please comment below as I am truly stumpped and I hope I ant the only one cursed with this weird bug. Well have a great day and thanks in advance to anyone who reads this and has ideas, answers, or comments.

Edited by davisdragon

oh how would one use the ghost feature? And would mods that simply change textures count towards that 580 limit?

Edit: Yea I think your right on point.... My active mod list is exactly 581 and it works... and it seems anything else over that, results in that error... Is ghosting easy and would it be possible for merged ESPs and mods or?

Edited by davisdragon

Well, assuming you've got Wrye Bash downloaded and running, in the main window right-click where it says "file" at the top - under where you see the "Installer", "Mods", etc. tabs. Then click "Auto-Ghost" and give it a second to work.

I tried that and I think it worked thank you! Your a life saver honestly! Have a wonderful day and ill comment back if it still proceeds :smile:

No problem! Hope it works! I had the same problem a while back and I was pulling my hair out trying to find a solution until I saw some ancient forum thread that made my try it out.