Overwhelming number of archers

LordWalrusTheThird

So I have several civil war mods and Wildcat installed, along with the guards armor replacer, and I noticed that every single enemy regardless of if they're an archer or a soldier has a bow in their back pocket. My other characters without the civil war mods and guards armor replacer didn't have this problem, so I'm fairly sure it's those mods causing this. I would disable those mods and relieve myself of this headache, but I don't want to break my save. Is there some way to change the enemy spawns so only archers have bows? I can post my load order if that would help figure out a solution

I haven't chased the civil war myself... (frankly, I'm not on either side, although I do enjoy wiping out Aldemeri when I have the chance to do so without triggering imperial troops, since I don't want to harm them any more than I want to harm "true nords")... But is it possible that one side of the conflict simply equips all (or most) of its soldiers with long ranged weapons?

That is, maybe it's not a glitch, and instead it's simply a problem you have to figure out how to overcome as their enemy (like not having Tiger tanks in WWII and figuring out how to combat them with larger numbers of Shermans or T-38s)?

That is, an army could easily win against another with only iron daggers, if the GodPlayer (you, me, etc) disarmed their enemy and they had to fight with only their fists against your side's daggers. If you see what I'm getting at.

One more short explanation or pseudo explanation. If someone has chariots and someone else doesn't have chariots, can the side without chariots win? Yes, under certain circumstance. No, probably no on a field ideal for chariot use, but definitely on one where chariots were a hindrance. And even on a field ideal for chariots, if the charioteers are outnumbered greatly by the side without them, they may still get soundly defeated, just by sheer numbers

FWIW...

Well yeah, that's what I've been doing. I have found myself getting creative, but in trying to play a heavy melee character with little magic or ranged attacks... You can see where I would get frustrated. I've always played very ranger-esque characters, so I wanted to get down and dirty with some heavy armor - and then everyone else in Skyrim is copying my old playstyle.

I can definitely play around this bug(?), but I'd like to restrict heavy bow use to archer class enemies

Understood... I'm afraid I don't know of any mods that'll do that. Or at least nothing jumps out at me from my memory of scanning mods to that effect.

Do you have followers or companions? Afaik, aside from the fine eye candy some provide (suggestive eyebrow wiggle included for emphasis), that's what they're for. For filling out or augmenting our missing abilities.

Again, can't say with certainty, as I have no personal interest in playing out an imaginary civil war between people in this game, but at a guess from what I know about real history, that disparity in "team accouterments" is very likely intentional...

IN any case, best of luck in your campaign and search for that mod or method...

PS> I am curious who is carrying the bows... Imperials by any chance? Seems a roman thing to do. Nords seem way to macho to want to kill from afar when they could be smashing someone up close with a broadsword or hammer or the like.

I've got Inigo, so he's got range covered while I slice and dice with my greatsword. And actually, it is the Stormcloaks who are sniping me with a million arrows. Though, I have noticed my Imperial allies all seem to use bows until they eventually waddle close enough to melee. It's probably one of my civil war mods or a combination of mods having an unforeseen side effect

Well, I guess I was wrong about who is doing the ranged attacks then, but in any case, not sure what you can do about it. Perhaps add another follower who's a ranger? or two? (Elwin comes to mind, although I'm sure there are others). Maybe also an aggressive battle mage to use spell based ranged attacks?

What level are you? At level 57, I take arrows like a pincushion at this point with little damage, between my own stats, that of my trinkets, and that of my armor (I've also enchanted quite a bit of my armor to up its protections.)

idk...I get where you're coming from, just don't know how you'd make sweeping changes to the weaponry one side uses.

I'm only level 10 or so, and I've got Wildcat with the realistic damage plugin :sweat: everything hurts quite a bit, even with full heavy armor and most of my level stat bonuses going into health. I generally don't like having more than one follower at a time, but I might have to compromise for the backup if I don't figure out how to make my life a little easier. I just disabled the guards armor replacer, cause I noticed the Imperials getting one shot by Stormcloak arrows while the Nords were tanking, so we'll see how that affects my engagements