Project Nevada crashes after loading into either a new game or a saved file, I get into the white screen of doc Mitchell's house and some DLC pop-ups go through. Then CTD without any errors and no windows error sound.
This happens both when installing only PN in an otherwise clean NV and on top of a working loadorder.
Core module is at the top and activated, NVSE is installed correctly. Going into the event viewer gives me Exception code: 0xc0000409 which I heard was Direct X thing.
Things I attempted to fix it:
- Reinstalled New vegas and NVSE.
- Reinstalled Direct X, both from the NV file tree and from a fresh download by Microsoft.
- FOMM told me that the esp files where marked as esm, so i changed them to esm files.
- Installed PN manually, via Vortex and via FOMM.
- installed User interface organizer.
- Checked if I had the german version of the game (cut) and if that caused trouble, I don't.
- Installed the PN DLC patches
- Enabling ONLY the core module
I am out of ideas, I searched half the internet for a solution and tried everything I found. If anyone has further insights I'd appreciate it.
The thing that stumps me about this is that I just can't figure out what exactly is causing this and why. I heard that PN is one of the most stable mods usually and I really wonder why it's acting up for me.
I used to joke that my PC is cursed and always came up with errors no one else had and maybe the curse has returned. I don't know, I have no explanation for this, maybe I missed something obvious.
Thanks in advance for any ideas.