Skyrim Special Edition - about 30 side quests appearing at the beggining of the of the game, tried everything to stop them from appearing

costyalbert

Hello, i've reinstalled skse, and modded my game like i ususally do. My problem is that after i finish the prologue and i exit the cave with haddvar or rolof, about 30 quests start out of nowhere. I've tried with the live another life mod, same problem. Tried turning off all mods at once, one at a time, mods uninstalled, installed again, game reinstalled, vanilla game, 30 quests still appear out of nowhere. What the sweet christmas is happening, i've searched the entire internet, nothing helps, found nothing. Hope i can fix the damn game so i can play it again. Thanx for your time.

The quests being added doesn't prevent you from playing the game. It can be annoying that you get all the quests for inheriting the several houses for Hearthfire and some such, but hey, they're part of the game's DLC.

Guy, there are 30 quests or more there, i can't find anythin... tried on another character, turned off all mods, got lucky and the quests didn't appear. But with new character they appear again. I just hate clutter man, i have a disorder, i can't play like this. Edited by costyalbert

There is a tool for cleaning orphan scripts that has been advised many times here in forum - Fallrim. I personally haven't used it but may be it will be useful for you?

PS Really no result for all 30 quest names? Please give at least a couple of examples.

Edited by shumkar

Guy, there are 30 quests or more there, i can't find anythin... tried on another character, turned off all mods, got lucky and the quests didn't appear. But with new character they appear again. I just hate clutter man, i have a disorder, i can't play like this.

Hey, it's your game. If there's 30 or more quests starting then you're supposed to know how that happens. Maybe you have a ton of Creation Club stuff in your game? And you probably just deactivated the mods, not uninstalled them.

I mean, first you install a ton of mods that add quests and then you complain that there's too many quests activating and that you can't play like that. Your choice amigo. One or the other.

There is a tool for cleaning orphan scripts that has been advised many times here in forum - Fallrim. I personally haven't used it but may be it will be useful for you?

Fallrim is a tool to clean saves in case they got slightly corrupted and have traces from uninstalled mods left in them. CostyAlbert doesn't need to clean his saves, he needs to clean his act and not install a ton of quest mods in one go. Install five or six and when those are done, add a few more.

Fallrim is a tool to clean saves in case they got slightly corrupted and have traces from uninstalled mods left in them. CostyAlbert doesn't need to clean his saves

Maybe. You probably know better.

Fallrim is a tool to clean saves in case they got slightly corrupted and have traces from uninstalled mods left in them. CostyAlbert doesn't need to clean his saves

Maybe. You probably know better.

It's not about knowing better and I wasn't trying to berate you. Fallrim is an excellent tool, used when there's no other options left when your save is corrupted but not to the extent that it doesn't load, but crashes all the time because leftovers of uninstalled mods try to do things that can no longer be done since the mods are no longer there. It turns into a miracle-pill for anybody that has a problem with mods and instead of trying to find the source of the problem, hey, let's try Fallrim because I heard it does good things. And when the problems persist, it's Fallrim that doesn't seem to work, so let's blame that.

It's not about knowing better and I wasn't trying to berate you. Fallrim is an excellent tool, used when ...

It's all right, I did not take it as berating. I really don't know much about Fallrim, it's what I meant. OP wrote "mods uninstalled" so I thought: no mods, but 30 quests; quests are coded in scripts; orphan scripts? -> Fallrim! An easy conlcusion )

Edited by shumkar