Skyrim Special Edition - about 30 side quests appearing at the beggining of the of the game, tried everything to stop them from appearing

costyalbert

Dude, i UNINSTALLED THE MODS, then uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. It seems that whatever i do, as soon as i get one quest, like go to riverwood, 30 more quests start pourin. I am uploading a pic right now. I really want to get to the bottom of this, because rn i have a clean unmodded copy and stil it bugs out

Stealer of souls

The first result in Google (searched: Skyrim "Stealer of souls", with quotes):

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Stealer_of_Souls

"Once you've installed the Arcane Archer Pack Creation, you will receive this quest,.."

So, JimmyRJump was right:

Maybe you have a ton of Creation Club stuff in your game?

These are under "Plugins", not "Mods", in Vortex.

Edited by shumkar

As JimmyRJump said, Fallrim Tools is unlikely to produce anything of value in this case (well up until you said "I uninstalled all the mods"). In general use, it's simply for purging garbage scripts and broken references from save files that can build up over time (most of us probably only use it for purging the two most likely "clutter" candidates from save files: unattached instances, and undefined elements, although it appears to have more robust abilities that are beyond at my own personal understanding)

It sounds to me as if the OP installed a bunch of mods and got many associated quests from those mods. Instead of getting one, like most of us would do by adding a single mod at a time to augment our play, he or she got a bunch because he or she installed a bunch of mods before even attempting to play.

Nothing surprising here. it should be expected that when you load say Project AHO, that you will end up with an AHO quest. If you load Sorlis Balarn's Treasure SE, you get an associated quest... If you load Tropical ISlands SE, .... that's right, you get an associate quest... If you load some follower with an associated quest, it's likely you're going to get that quest (for instance, load Sofia...you automatically her "quest marker", if you load Shezzarine, you get a quest along with Shezzarine. ) It ain't rocket science folks.

And if you load multiple mods before playing which have associated quests, well then don't expect not to get the associated quests.

If the Dude still has a quest list even though he or she has uninstalled all the mods, then the dude should look into fallrim to see if those mods left behind a bunch of garbage he or she needs to purge

the general tactic for cleaning is as follows.

1. Uninstall mod(s)
  2. Open game
  3. load save
  4. save file (no autosave not quick save, full save)
  5. quit game
  6. open fallrim
  7. open save just created.
  8. Read report
  9. Purge any unattached instances
  10. Purge any undefined elements
  11. save to new named file
  12. close Fallrim
  13. Open game
  14. Open newly cleaned save

PS> for future reference, the sensible player only adds one mod at a time or uninstalls one at a time.

good luck

PS> the OP may find that cleaning the save doesn't do the trick... He or she may need to start over from scratch. If so, I would recommend that he or she install the game, make sure it works, install a mod, make sure game works, install the next, ensure the game works... or get used to multiple events firing on first start, like the addition of new quests and/or new MCMS, or worse, the game ctds, or other weirdness's just pop up like many forum complaints from people who blindly load long mod lists before starting. It may be tedious, but it works.

AND to be clear, nothing personal. I just see this sort of avoidable frustration too often. Load two or three dozen mods and then the whole shebang crashes or doesn't behave as expected.

anjenthedog, Thank you for the detailed explanation! These were your messages about Fallrim that I remembered )

costyalbert, In continuation of what has already been said by others, I can link this: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8237978-need-help-with-modding/page-2&do=findComment&comment=76452433

Edited by shumkar

• 10 months later...

Hello, i've reinstalled skse, and modded my game like i ususally do. My problem is that after i finish the prologue and i exit the cave with haddvar or rolof, about 30 quests start out of nowhere. I've tried with the live another life mod, same problem. Tried turning off all mods at once, one at a time, mods uninstalled, installed again, game reinstalled, vanilla game, 30 quests still appear out of nowhere. What the sweet christmas is happening, i've searched the entire internet, nothing helps, found nothing. Hope i can fix the damn game so i can play it again. Thanx for your time.

• 4 months later...

Hi, sorry if i commits english mistakes. I'm Brazilian.

I had the same problem on my SKSE, but I justneeded to go to the SKSE directory. Inside the "Data" folder, I deleted all the "esl" files and that's what it solved.

Edited by YashiHunter