Random Freezing

Amefox

Randomly while outside running around the game will just freeze and i have to close the game using task manager. I have nvse, nvse extender like johnnyguitar, stutter remover, nvac, YUP, 4gb patcher, and jip nvse all installed and in use and still without warning and not even the slightest dip in fps the game just stops responding.

Could be any number of things, even the Radeon software overlay, which on occasion interferes with the game. I'm also on AMD for both processor and GPU (2700X and Vega64) and didn't have the issue of freezing in New Vegas. FNV has always been a buggy game, mind. I have random and very rare freezes in Skyrim SE. Total PC freezes where the computer no longer responds to any kind of action despite the game still producing the soundtrack, i.e. the music continues as if nothing's wrong.

If the freezes only happen outside, maybe check what mods you have installed that alter the outside world. A 580 should be robust enough to pull larger texture files, but the Gamebryo engine isn't the most reliable and a lot of HD textures might make the game go belly-up.

Could be any number of things, even the Radeon software overlay, which on occasion interferes with the game. I'm also on AMD for both processor and GPU (2700X and Vega64) and didn't have the issue of freezing in New Vegas. FNV has always been a buggy game, mind. I have random and very rare freezes in Skyrim SE. Total PC freezes where the computer no longer responds to any kind of action despite the game still producing the soundtrack, i.e. the music continues as if nothing's wrong.

If the freezes only happen outside, maybe check what mods you have installed that alter the outside world. A 580 should be robust enough to pull larger texture files, but the Gamebryo engine isn't the most reliable and a lot of HD textures might make the game go belly-up

i completely removed the enb which was dynamo and everything sweetfx and enb related and disabled darker nights leaving nevada skies as the only thing left that would affect the outside worldspace

the freezing only happens to the game where i could be walking normally and the soundtrack will still be playing but everything else is frozen and im still able to use my computer completely fine and pull open the task manager to close fnv

edite: removing that stuff did not fix it and i forgot about the zombie mod i have installed could possibly be causing the issue bc it is pretty outdated