Framerate suddenly drops to 1-3 fps on high end PCH

Patafoin

Afaik, stock CBBE doesn't use SMP for it's jiggle and bounce. So CBBE special or CBBE physics should be CBP affected but SMP doesn't enter into that equation. So the short answer to your question is....NO.

In your case, based on what you jsut said, yeah all you need to do is reset the SMP , or alternatively, (AFAIK) take off and then put back on whatever SMP gear/wig you're wearing.

--------

I noted the new types (3BBB, 3BBB Advanced, and BHUNP) because all of these new, enriched CBBE/UNP definitions have options during their installation to skyrim that include SMP only support, OR partial (mixed SMP and CPB), OR CBP-only support, just in case you were using one (for the purposes of this "debug") or just for your future reference in case you consider updating your body type at some point.

SMP has the most "unique" jiggle elements (for instance, it has thigh jiggle, which CBP only doesn't, much like 3BBB has belly jiggle whereas CBBE doens't) so many people see the "more" of SMP and jump to install "more", rather than taking a step back and being more prudent (considering the computational cost of SMP vs CBP and their own hardware and system configuration limitations.)

PS> thanks for the console SMP reset command. Wasn't aware

Afaik, stock CBBE doesn't use SMP for it's jiggle and bounce. So CBBE special or CBBE physics should be CBP affected but SMP doesn't enter into that equation. So the short answer to your question is....NO.

In your case, based on what you jsut said, yeah all you need to do is reset the SMP , or alternatively, (AFAIK) take off and then put back on whatever SMP gear/wig you're wearing.

--------

I noted the new types (3BBB, 3BBB Advanced, and BHUNP) because all of these new, enriched CBBE/UNP definitions have options during their installation to skyrim that include SMP only support, OR partial (mixed SMP and CPB), OR CBP-only support, just in case you were using one (for the purposes of this "debug") or just for your future reference in case you consider updating your body type at some point.

SMP has the most "unique" jiggle elements (for instance, it has thigh jiggle, which CBP only doesn't, much like 3BBB has belly jiggle whereas CBBE doens't) so many people see the "more" of SMP and jump to install "more", rather than taking a step back and being more prudent (considering the computational cost of SMP vs CBP and their own hardware and system configuration limitations.)

Okay so the SMP hair physics alone is enough to cause a seizure to my CPU! Wow! And I'm the only one using hair physics, all the NPCs use non-physics hair styles.

I'm not using a wig, it's "real" hair, so the console command is my only option... Or maybe if I put on a helmet or a hood, that might solve the problem too, I'll try that next time...

Thanks for all the info!

PS> thanks for the console SMP reset command. Wasn't aware

Glad I could help!

Edited by Patafoin

Well, speaking for my own gameplay, I don't believe I've ever CTD'd from a wig going wonky (although it might have at some point...I just haven't correlated it in my own gameplay). But I have seen CPU usage jump up when wearing SMP gear, so that it contributes to CPU loading is imo, without doubt..

For me, when a wig or skirt goes off the deep end (that stretch to infinity thing that happens once and a while, or hair or a skirt (I use one of Leanne's outfit skirts for my primary player outfit for the female player) starts to be continually "mussy" as if it was "bedhead" or I'd spent a few hours in a wind storm, I just take it off and put it back on and all's well once again. (the skirts have their own symptoms ..normally they have a resting position but after a while they can start to look like they've been slept in, and they do that weird "pealing" thing when popping in from a cell change.)

as as you noted, for you, since you permanently apply SMP hair via racemenu - or other - rather than using a wig, console SMP reset is required rather than taking it off and putting it back on.

So... I included the wearable items only because someone else in another thread suggested that they *did see some correlation between a "wig gone wonky" and CTDs, and that I know generally speaking, SMP is CPU intensive.

---

As for the second part, it was my own efforts trying an install of 3BBB (specifically) with mixed CBP/SMP and encountering CTDs, which were resolved once I reinstalled using CBP only, along with a few posts I think I saw in the CBBB posts tab (or BHUNP, or 3BBB Advanced) about high CPU usage (and as I recall drooping frame rates) when using SMP that led to my inclusion of all three of the new body defs as potential culprits, since they all seem to have nearly identical construction aside from two being CBBE based and the third being UNP based, AND that the body usage of SMP MUST be significantly more than just a skirt or a wig alone, just based on all the various parts being acted on with the body.

In all fairness, my post wasn't based on an extensive, "scientifically correct" stress test that I put these mods through, just a mish-mash of info about SMP related CPU loading, and my own CTDs when I tried a mixed SMP/CPB install and resolution of those CTDs (around 5 or 6 before I punted) upon reinstalling without SMP.

In other words, I can't say with certainty that an error when wearing a wig DOES cause CTD's but it seems possible, and someone else said "it does". All I *really know from my own meager efforts monitoring is that SMP gear does increase CPU taxing. Circumstantial evidence and heresay, not literal hard proof. YMMV.

The only thing I can say with ultimate confidence is that "SMP hair physics alone is *potentially* enough to cause contribute to a seizure of my CPU (or the specific proc that the game is using anyway) under the wrong circumstance "

I'm not using a wig, it's "real" hair, so the console command is my only option...

AH...very good to know., hadn't thought of that, and I've been considering ditching the (Yundao) wig in favor of a racemenu change (currently, my racemenu hair is the older, static KS hair), because some animations (go to bed for instance) auto strips it, so that's another reminder of why knowing SMP reset can be used at the console to reset wearable items is a good thing.

IF you got this far, congrats on your patience with my rambling. Here, have a virtual gold star for your efforts. ;)

Wow, thanks for the gold star :laugh:

Yeah so, I checked my mods and it turns out my CBBE outfits's physics is run by CBPC, so they also have collision, and this time I paid attention while wearing a physics-enabled mage robe, turns out the hair sometimes hits the breast -> boobs jiggle -> hits the hair -> hair wiggles -> hits the tits... and eventually at some point, CPU = 100% -> 2fps -> console: smp reset -> 59fps -> CPU = 40% :laugh:

Good boy. You deserve the gold star for bearing with my boringly lonnnnng posts :wink:

So... ok, you are using CPB for your body Good. One less degree of freedom as we say in engineering. (one less source of error)

One thing you might try to *reduce the tendency of SMP to lock things up is damp your CBP response a little, instead of using uber jiggle settings (in case you are), try using the firmer response (for your beasts since that's the interaction you're apparently seeing ... wig hair and breast). Not saying you *shouldn't use the "major wubba" setting, that's your call i the end, but just for the sake of seeing if it might help you.

And in case you're already using a "firm" setting, (I can't remember what the different levels of jiggle are called) then of course, just discount this post.

(Wubba - a word a former large breasted girl I dated way back in highschool used to describe the phenomema we use CBP for)

explanation: collisions between two bouncy elements cause reactions, as you noted. If the dampers are more active, then there should be less collison (less distance of motion > less likelihood of things that bounce interacting)...less collision, less feedback looping that goes out of control

ok, Hopefully this is the last you'll have to hear from me, but I will be curious what you find. My own character has small(ish (B cup) breasts and a "firm" reaction for breasts, butt and belly)...not static but not like jello either. the only SMP problems I have is that the hair (Yundao wig in my case) sometimes sticks to open space so it draws out from wherever it stuck. same for skirts they sometimes get "weird", but afaik no related CTDs, just a necessity to reset the items (in my case by un-equipping and re-equipping, in yours by console SMP reset)

good luck

Hey I got great news!

So right after my last post, before yours, I basically thought the same thing as you... I was using the "stock" CBPC config, I then downloaded the "Immersive CBP Config" mod, which helped a little bit but the wubba feedback loop was still there and the movements were still exaggerated IMO compared to real life wubba so I switched to "Immersive CBP Config - Quicker Breast Recovery" and now it's perfect IMO, if there still is a feedback loop at least I can't see it directly, which is more realistic, but also I haven't had the 100% CPU usage issue again yet, so this whole problem might finally be solved ! :D

In any case I still have the console command now should it ever go crazy again.

Also my character has more of a C-cup so enough to be noticed IYKWIM but still on the "average" side, and more on the smaller side in the context of Skyrim mods... people here seam to like'em Super-sized :tongue:

Edited by Patafoin

I'm glad to hear you're making progress. Congratulations on getting a handle on the cause and its remedy.

Yeah, I don't get the massive Kardashshian butt and absurdly huge boob thing. It just ain't my cup of tea. But I guess some men just like fat women.

I prefer more normally "distributed" or fit women and less gargantuan boobs, even smallish (shaplier in my opinion and in my direct experience). TBH though, (offtopic but whatever) a pretty face goes miles for me and makes up for less than ideal physical features. And that's where I've tried to concentrate my efforts in my own player "design". However, having said that, in this game I'm not going to go out of my way to create a duplicate of the 4s, 5s, 6s, and 7s that I've generally been with over the last 30-40 years, so like many, I shoot for the unobtainable thot bod. To which I say "So sue me!" :wink:

For the record though, my last real life GF (pretty face average bod) gained ~60-70 lbs while we were dating (around 3 years total). It happened slowly and to be honest, I never even gave her weight gain a second thought. Shame I got assaulted at work (bad injuries...bedridden for a year, chronic pain for the past 12) or maybe we'd be married today and I wouldn't have time for video games.

Sorry for the rambling. Your "poignant" comment about the massive things that pass for women from some bodyslide creators (yyyyyech!) got me a little nostalgic xD

I'm glad I got involved in this thread. I hadn't considered the possibility of different SMP/CPB items interacting and causing cascade feedback failures. (I just got lucky in my choices. It wasn't by design)

regards,

Anjen

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay guys after forever trying to figure out what's wrong, disabling mods that were actually fine, cleaning up my save with Resaver, reading every bug section of pretty much every mod I have, I finally found out the culprit is HDT-SMP !

Basically, after a while, everything that works with HDT-SMP, meaning physics with collision (clothes, hair, boobs, butts), ends up in a spiral where one movement pushes one thing that makes another one move etc... The problem is that I have a pretty realistic setup, no huge boobs, no 2m long hair styles, everything looks natural, even the movements, boobs aren't flying left and right, only faint realistic movements, so I have no way of noticing, but in reality everything ends up acting like a Newton's Cradle and whatever CPU you have ends up going crazy about it at some point, dedicating all it's power towards these faint movements.

The thing is, the modders new this, so they made a simple console command: " smp reset " just to solve that problem, but they don't say it anywhere in the mod descriptions so I had to find other people's complaints about it on the mod's bug section to find other users who know about this command.

TL; DR: It's HDT-SMP. Solution: type console command " smp reset " every time the problem occurs.

You sir, are a God-send.

I have spent literal DAYS trying to figure out WTF was causing such issues.

Steps I have taken over the past few days include, but are not limited to:

Reinstalling mods, adjusting 'priority' order (not load order, as I always leave that up to LOOT), starting over COMPLETELY - fresh game install, re-downloading and configuring all mods (130+), THREE TIMES, starting a fresh/new game, etc...

I *thought* I had it ironed out, finally, but lo and behold! Sudden FPS plummet to <10 FPS with 100% CPU utilization; I was about ready to throw my computer out the window.

Searched one last time for anything I could find online to give me a clue, and your post and subsequent comments shined brighter and brighter, like a beacon of hope!

" smp reset " did the trick for me, too!

I suppose the silver-lining in all this is that I REALLY learned how to mod Skyrim, and I've got it set up pretty dang efficient, well-categorized, and very clean.

But I'm definitely most happy to *FINALLY* have the issue solved lol

/tearsofjoy

• 2 months later...

You sir, are a God-send.

I have spent literal DAYS trying to figure out WTF was causing such issues.

" smp reset " did the trick for me, too!

My thoughts exactly. Can't thank you enough.

Edited by Incubusbul