Never seen this Landsmeet bug before...

rebelatnight

So I'm at the Landsmeet and I win the debate against Loghain and demand he be executed for his crimes, and my male Warden does the honours himself.

I had already arranged for Alistair and Anora to marry beforehand AND never once mentioned to Anora the possibility of her father surviving the Landsmeet.

So after the duel and Loghain's execution, it immediately cuts to Eamon declaring Alistair king, Alistair agreeing and Anora being unceremoniously imprisoned, all without my Warden having a chance to decide who should rule or any say in the matter as I am used to. It's been a long time since I reached the Landsmeet quest, but I always remember having a say in who should rule, regardless of whether Alistair was hardened, who killed Loghain and any talks with Anora on the matter.

Is this a mod overriding the choice automatically? Or is something else wrong with my game? The only other noteworthy thing that happened was my game crashed first time I tried to duel with Loghain, but I managed to get past the duel after reloading?

Anyone have any insights or ideas on what might have happened? It's not too much of a bummer for this Warden, but I would hate for this to happen, say, if I wanted a Human Noble romancing Alistair to be his Queen.

EDIT: I tried searching for mods that touch the landsmeet files in my override folder, and removed all but one of them (that Iam reluctant to delete) and so far, nothing has changed if I go back and reload a save to try again.

EDIT 2: I've now deleted all mod files that change the landsmeet from my override, I'll report on the results soon.

That is a very odd bug, and I'm pretty sure it should have played out as you expected it to. (I've never played a male Warden, but my female Wardens always have the opportunity to decide who rules, if the proper criterea are in place.)

The file for the Landsmeet dialogue is den600_landsmeet.dlg (and den600_landsmeet.dlb). There may be plot files or scripts involved as well, but the DLG file is the 'glue' that hold it all together.

Some mods that affect dialogue and plot elements are packed into DAzip archives, so if you have installed any 'fix pack'-type mods that affect dialogue they should also be taken into consideration.

And a list of whatever mods you did have installed that affected the Landsmeet might also be helpful in pinning down the cause, or at least ruling them out.

Finally found the mod that was overriding my choice: Alistair's Revised Romance by Kajana.

As soon as I deleted the two landsmeet.dlg/dlb files, I loaded an old save and voila! The choice is back again and I had Alistair and Anora marry and rule together as I had planned for the character.

I can see why Alistairmancers (myself included) wouldn't want them to marry, but I've played Wardens before who were able to have them marry, and stay as Alistair's mistress with no problem from a roleplaying perspective.

To each their own! I'm just glad I found those files since it was annoying me (and I'm not sure why the mod would also override the choice for a male character).

Thanks for your help, theskymoves!

Ah, yes. ARR is definitely a mod that should only be installed if you are playing a female Warden in a fairy tale happily-ever-after romance with Alistair, since the modder removes a lot of vanilla choices and dialogue options that aren't applicable to that particular story. Hopefully you won't have any issues as a result of deleting the Landsmeet DLG/DLB files, though you may encounter plot flag oddities.

Glad you got were able to figure it out!