Disable fast travel only if not riding dragon

afeq

Wow that was fast.
First impressions were nice, it works pretty well on skyrim province but when i travel to other locations outside it, for example solstheim or other modded lands (like wyrmstooth, bruma, fakslaar etc) fast travel is enabled, i wonder if i disable those locations using the flag with the creation kit i will still be able to fast travel on a dragon...
I've peeked inside the .esp and i think maybe the reason for this is that quests live on the context of the land were they are resident, or something like that.
I think this is a key feature if you have a big modlist and want to have long playthroughs, because when using multiple fast travelling on shorter periods the engine tends to mess things up and memory fills a lot more quickly.
Using the dragon method the game can load and free resources on demand at real time, clearly this method requires a decent machine but i think in this days skyrim can be handled with middle range hardware.
I'm going to keep testing this, it will be nice if this can have a mod page for those also interested on this feature.
Edited by asmediv

Apparently the problem is that fast travel will get reenabled when the player is teleported via MoveTo command, it also happens when entering another worldspace. I made some changes to the script, so the mod should work more reliable now. But also requires SKSE.

This is the new file, please test with a different save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/q35atldx5709jds/Fast%20Travel%20Only%20When%20Flying%20%28v2%29.7z?dl=0

yeah it works for other worldspaces too this is great, tried it on solstheim, ill try it on others.

I Will also donate to show you some appreciation, maybe 5 bucks sorry about that it's just currency worths s#*! where i live, for example with 5 bucks you can have a full McDonald combo lol

Are you interested on sharing this on a modpage? it could serve to others as well

That's good to hear. If it works properly now, I can also upload it to a mod page for public.

Do you have an idea for a descriptive mod name? I'm a bit lost on that.

Thank you for offering to donate, I appreciate it, but I'm not expecting any compensation really. I don't even have an online bank account.

After all it's just a little mod, and it was fun to make. :smile:

Edit - Nexus page can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/101188

Edited by Ghaunadaur