Pipe guns everywhere

Shodanel

Well, as the title say, it would be nice to see pipe guns everywhere. Why ?

Because i think it's too easy to find better weapons and...it's a post-apocaliptic game. 200 years old guns should be broken. Pipe guns are quickly forgotten.

So here is what this kind of mod should do :

• Military grade weapons should be really really really rare as it is only in military zones or police posts.
  • non-pipe guns âOnly on gunners or BOS soldiers.
  • Minutemens keep their laser musket as it's made from scrap just like pipe guns.
  • Gives pipe guns to every NPC and Chests.
  • 10 mm pistols and .44 guns only loot in safe or military/police zones
  • Laser and plasma guns only for Gunners, BOS or military zones

And about the number of melee weapons users, just don't change it. If someone can craft pipe guns, then why should he keep using a stupid lead pipe ?

Thanks for reading this and please comment below to discuss it ;)

Then you get into the whole thing about ammo. Considering that manufacture on any scale would be difficult, at best... in a post-apocalyptic environment, ammo itself should be incredibly rare, if it would even exist at all. Sure, you could reload ammo, but, doing that for 200 plus years???? Not gonna happen. :)

Then you get into the whole thing about ammo. Considering that manufacture on any scale would be difficult, at best... in a post-apocalyptic environment, ammo itself should be incredibly rare, if it would even exist at all. Sure, you could reload ammo, but, doing that for 200 plus years???? Not gonna happen. :smile:

I didn't asked about ammo because there is already some loot mod that makes it rare.

Gonna have to modify leveled lists...... and there are a LOT of them...... I haven't seen any mods that make firearms rarer..... but, there are a boatload that add new weapons....... A fairly extensive search found..... nothing at all.

You CAN'T be the only person that wants this.......

Gonna have to modify leveled lists...... and there are a LOT of them...... I haven't seen any mods that make firearms rarer..... but, there are a boatload that add new weapons....... A fairly extensive search found..... nothing at all.

You CAN'T be the only person that wants this.......

I know there is something to do with leveled list but honestly, I'm totally lost with those. Idk how it works (don't tell me "it just works" XD).

But well, actually I use Less Loot and Ammo, it's the closest to what I expect, even if there is still this problem with guns

I am not Todd. :D Nor do I play him on TV.

I haven't looked at Leveled Lists in FO4.... no real reason to. I have browsed thru them quickly, just to see that there are a bunch of 'em..... I would expect that you could set "Chance None" in the list to some tiny number, and dramatically reduce the number of weapons in the world, but, I don't think there are separate lists for guns, ammo, armor, etc...... So you would basically have to re-write how loot was distributed. Less Loot and Ammo obviously has a good start on that, but, would have to look at it, to see how they went about it. Trouble is, I just don't know enough to make any sense out of it. :D

Yea leveled lists is the way to go. There's one for each enemy type and then for each vendor type. So it's definitely possible, but since most people wouldn't like it to have enemies wielding pipe pistols at them when they're level 50 this mod hasn't been made. Finding the leveled lists can be a bit tedious as Bethesda doesn't use the same naming convention everywhere. And some leveled lists combine other leveled items so you'd have to go through them to make sure it works correctly.

The game spawns item based on levels in enemy inventory and in stores. Altering enemy leveled lists this way will ultimately dampen your experience with the game I wager as you can still find powerful weapons in other ways. Like set in certain areas or as quest rewards. Now you could alter those as well, but then no one will want to do it because it's too much work for something not many people would want. You could of course go for it yourself.

Finding how to work with leveled lists is easier when you look at how other modders have done this. I've altered the minigun leveled lists and the ammo for vendors leveled lists in this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43070

Download the esps and open them in xEdit (FO4Edit) and then see what changes were made. You will find a section that alters availability of items/weapon parts with levels.

Edited by AeonsLegend

Yea leveled lists is the way to go. There's one for each enemy type and then for each vendor type. So it's definitely possible, but since most people wouldn't like it to have enemies wielding pipe pistols at them when they're level 50 this mod hasn't been made. Finding the leveled lists can be a bit tedious as Bethesda doesn't use the same naming convention everywhere. And some leveled lists combine other leveled items so you'd have to go through them to make sure it works correctly.

The game spawns item based on levels in enemy inventory and in stores. Altering enemy leveled lists this way will ultimately dampen your experience with the game I wager as you can still find powerful weapons in other ways. Like set in certain areas or as quest rewards. Now you could alter those as well, but then no one will want to do it because it's too much work for something not many people would want. You could of course go for it yourself.

Finding how to work with leveled lists is easier when you look at how other modders have done this. I've altered the minigun leveled lists and the ammo for vendors leveled lists in this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/43070

Download the esps and open them in xEdit (FO4Edit) and then see what changes were made. You will find a section that alters availability of items/weapon parts with levels.

Thanks for answer. Do you have any step by step tutorial that can help me changing Leveled Lists ?

Thanks for answer. Do you have any step by step tutorial that can help me changing Leveled Lists ?

No, but the actual changing of leveled lists is not very difficult. They are pretty easy to read. The trouble is finding the right ones. That and there's also fixed equipment that you may need to edit. Such as equipment groups for different types of enemies that do not scale.