• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PokemonButcher

PokemonButcher

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 27 posts

Hello, 

I have found that having to pick a consumable up and then use it by accessing it in the inventory immediately after without any signs of movement that anything has been consumed to be inconvenient and immersion-breaking. To remedy this, there could be a mod that provides a secondary option when interacting with consumables in the environment, one that is the regular "take/steal" another being "consume". This concept existed in a mod that somebody made called, "Eating Off the Floor", in Fallout 4---however, they stopped supporting it before the script extender was updated. Essentially, the "consume" option on a targeted consumable (potion, food/drink, ingredient) would cause the item to be used the moment it enters one's inventory or bypassing the inventory altogether. A problem that was encountered in "Eating Off the Floor" was that it wasn't made apparent which consumables had to be stolen in order to be consumed. Perhaps the text could be in red, just as the "steal" text is red? As far as eating/drinking animations are concerned, there are precious few mods that grant this. If arm and facial animations were executed immediately following the "consume" option being selected, this would serve to further solidify the sense that something is actually being consumed. 

If anybody has any other ideas how such a mod could be implemented or if you are interested in attempting it, please feel free to share. I am currently learning the basics of modding in creation kit, python, and C++, so I have a ways yet to go. Even if it takes a while, I would like to attempt to implement this.

All the best.

wackoj94

wackoj94

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

You're right, I'm surprised this isn't already a thing. I'd definitely utilise a mod like this. It really reminds of this mod which has a similar effect for books, among other quality of life improvement mods such as Quick Loot.

Edited by wackoj94, 30 January 2020 - 01:29 PM.

PokemonButcher

PokemonButcher

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 27 posts

In the interim, I found this mod: https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/41171

It just so happens to fulfill most all of the features for which I was looking!

Page loaded in: 0.889 seconds