Investigation - Supporters cannot purchase 1 month Premium

Pickysaurus

We are currently looking into the following issue with our site. If you are able to reproduce it, you may be able to help us by providing some additional information.

Issue Reported:

A number of users with the Supporter membership have reported an error when attempting to purchase the 1 month Premium option by using this URL: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/store/product/1-1-month-premium-membership/

It appears that, in this situation, they are able to access other store pages such as the 6-month option: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/store/product/3-6-months-premium-membership/

post-4473483-0-62570000-1577046233.jpg

Who does this effect?

While we only have a small number of cases, it appears to be users who had previously been Premium and allowed their membership to lapse. This error appears when attempting to renew their service.

What information is required?

In order to help us get to the bottom of the issue. Please reply to this thread including the following information:

Have you ever been a Premium member before now?

If required, would you allow our team to directly access your account to further troubleshoot this issue? (You will be informed before we do anything)

Workaround

Visit your Client Area and follow the "Pay Now" link for your current membership level.

There is a temporary solution to this problem which has been reported by Goggelmuggel.

Ok, got the same problem but have the solution.

1. Select the 1 Month plan and confirm -> the error page is shown.
2. Go back and select the next higher plan and confirm -> you'll see the payment confirmation page, BUT TO NOT ACCEPT the payment, instead: cancel it.
3. In the top line (above the "Step 2" Headline) you'll find "Invoice". Click there and find your 1 Month plan. Select "Pay Now"
4. Select your payment method, confirm and be happy :-P

Kind Regards

If it helps, I did not get this error, despite being a Supporter who has had Premium in the past and has let it expire. Instead, I got a message that I had already purchased it previously with a link to an invoice I could pay. The last time I purchased Premium was I believe early 2019. I have bought the 1-month premium several times, and I have gotten the message I mentioned each time except the first. I believe I've only bought one month at a time. Feel free to access my account if you feel it would help.

Hope this helps.

If it helps, I did not get this error, despite being a Supporter who has had Premium in the past and has let it expire. Instead, I got a message that I had already purchased it previously with a link to an invoice I could pay. The last time I purchased Premium was I believe early 2019. I have bought the 1-month premium several times, and I have gotten the message I mentioned each time except the first. I believe I've only bought one month at a time. Feel free to access my account if you feel it would help.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input Falro, any scrap of info we can get hold of will help us to track the issue down.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update, it appears the invoice created when your old membership expires blocks you from purchasing the same membership type again - you have to "renew" it.

We're looking into it, but this may be the way things have to be until we completely replace the membership system (which we're hoping should be inside 12 months).

The workaround doesn't work for me. There is no 1 Month Invoice, just an option to renew my membership for 3.56. It's only 00.57 more, but I'm not going to lie, it blows that I'm being told the only way I can renew is by paying a more expensive fee than everyone else.

Edit: I was about to buy the more expensive package, but then it told me I can't and I have a pending invoice. I clicked to check the Invoice and the price is correct there. The extra 00.57 is tax too, which is caluclated on the "Buy Premium" page, but seemingly nowhere else.

Edited by ZoopersDE

I have this issue. Was a supporter, and every month I have to scramble with a process to renew my premium. Furthermore, trying to download mods with the free option is buggy. The downloads tend to fail and not go through.