Backporting mods from SSE to Oldrim

davisdragon

Hey guys,

I am curious back a year or so I learned how to convert Oldrim mods over to SSE and recently I noticed that the SSE nif Optimizer has the ability to backport to Legendary Edition.... I attempted to do that with one of my favorite SSE CBBE bodyslided armor mods but when I did.... it would appear in bodyslide but I didnt have the ability to change it to my current preset.. however the textures appeared to be exactly the same as those on SSE. I didnt rename the ESP or run it through TES5Edit however.... Could someone please give me a rundown on exactly how to convert a SSE mod to oldrim... I know ones with scripts and I believe a certain file like ESL or something cannot be backported but surely armor mods with CBBE bodyslide would be possible thank in advance and have a wonderful day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

for an esp its as simple as loading up the mod in oldrim Ck and re saving it. for meshes usually armor is wasy easy as long as it doesnt have hdt that can be tricky.

Not true. Oldrim CK hasn’t been updated since before SE even came out and can’t convert form 44 to form 43, that only works the other way around. Meshes have to be optimized, and textures work unless they’re for landscapes.
Edited by DEEJMASTER333

Not true. Oldrim CK hasn’t been updated since before SE even came out and can’t convert form 44 to form 43, that only works the other way around. Meshes have to be optimized, and textures work unless they’re for landscapes.

It is true. As long as the .esp doesn't have any scripts it works exactly like that. I've done this myself several times so I know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Novem99