Hi guys

I was using NMM to mod Skyrim and everything was great but since I changed to Vortex my game opens in a tiny window and I can't do anything about it.

I have tried changing settings, deleting the SkyrimPrefs.ini files and re-launching the game, clearing my Steam cache, etc... Nothing worked.

I also see that even when I delete my mod files in steamapps->common etc, as soon as I launch the game they are automatically re-doiwnloaded in the folder.

Anybody help?

• 2 weeks later...

Go to Steam and launch your Skyrim. You can't run it from there - no SKSE - but it gives you a chance to set options.

Click Options and set your display size. And maybe full screen windowed too.

Close and exit. Then launch your regular way.

Bethesda has an irritating way of forcing this every time they update.

Why did you stop using NMM when it was working great? Someone told you Vortex is 'better'? There's no 'better' mod manager, they're jsut different and it's all about personal preference. When NMM worked for you then don't stop using it. Simple as that.

Go to Steam and launch your Skyrim. You can't run it from there - no SKSE - but it gives you a chance to set options.

Click Options and set your display size. And maybe full screen windowed too.

Close and exit. Then launch your regular way.

Bethesda has an irritating way of forcing this every time they update.

Unfotunately it dind't work

Thanks anyway

• 10 months later...

If you are still having a problem, you can do this, (I had the same problem and fixed it just now). Go to Skyrimprefs.ini, make sure that your iSize is configured right, then what you do is you change the bBorderless factor to 1 and then bFullscreen factor to 0. This worked for me but I'm not sure about others. (Sorry for bad grammar or mistakes, just got a new keyboard and im getting used to typing on it).

Example;

bBorderless=1
bFull Screen=0
iSize H=1200
iSize W=1920