MO2 wont launch SKSE when some player homes installed

connordaniels91

So I'm fairly new to modding but I've gotten pretty good at it in the last month. I've been able to solve complex issues and get a pretty respectable load order going. I took my time, did things the right way and that's kinda why this is so frustrating.

I've never seen this particular issue and I've seen a lot of issues with much more complicated modding like with emb'sm, bodyslide, load order optimization and script cleaning. At least when those issues resulted in a crash, the game had at least attempted to load and crash sometime during the black screen, or the bethesda logo, or after the main menu in the load screen. but the issue I'm having now is it won't even launch at all!

I first saw this happen when I tried to install "Tanner Hill Tree House" and then again with "deus mons Miraak castle."

When I press RUN for SKSE it acts like it's going to fire up, MO2 locks down, a loading bar flashes and even a black window flashes. Then MO2 just unlocks and nothing happens. Then when I un-check the mods in my left pane the game launches without problem.

I've tried different combinations of overwriting, merging and even installing from archive and the same issue persists no matter what I do.

PLEASE HELP!

Both homes have cool quests assigned to them. The Tanner Hill house is for an archer character and I'm a freaking wood elf/archer character so it would be perfect! and I used to play Deus Mons on console but it never had all the features the PC mod has and I really want to check that out!!

I feel like this should be a super easy fix but i can't find anything on the internet and i'm fully stuck. Thank you to anyone who has some insight.