65 replies to this topic

Radiosity

Radiosity

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts
One of these locations, depending which OS you use:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\DLC (Windows XP)
C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\DLC (Windows Vista)

Copy the three files for the DLC (Anchorage.esm, Anchorage - Main.bsa and Anchorage - Sounds.bsa) into the game's Data folder. You'll now be able to open up the .esm file and mod it as you would the main game.

NaboeN

NaboeN

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
Question: Does a trigger activate something when you enter it's "zone/radius" while you need the press E on an activator?

Skree000

Skree000

Procrastinator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
I wrote a tutorial article, it can apply to either Oblivion or Fallout3

Its called Skree's Easy Skinned Armor Nifskope Tutorial
http://www.tesnexus....icle.php?id=248

It covers the process of taking skinned meshes from 3d application through Nifskope and getting them all set for the TESConstructionSet or GECK, game dependant.

a lot of tutorials ive seen cover only 3dApplication-specific skinning instructions, or TESConstructionSet/GECK armor duplication/editing... but not many tutorials bridged the gap.
I tried to make it very simple and included 2 pictures to help illustrate, one of which is a detailed picture-guide to the simple 7-step process!

When I get more time ill make a full Tutorial for Fallout3 including Dismemberment and all that good Fallout3-specific stuff, but for now, this will work for either game.

Please link this tutorial in the FAQ or sticky it or put it with the others... Lots of people ask these questions and this simple tutorial should answer em!

Thanks!

neunen

neunen

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
awesome, thanks Skree!

LHammonds

LHammonds

Ghost in da Machine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,337 posts
Link added to list of modding tutorials. Thanks for filling that gap...it is appreciated!

If anyone else knows of very good tutorials that you think should be added to that section, please let me know. I do not keep up with FO3 events.

Thanks,
LHammonds

BadPenney

BadPenney

Worth Less than a Dog

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
People frequently post questions regarding LOD textures that show up and fill in holes when they dig too far into the terrain.

Since LOD is too short a word to enable the search engine, I want to post this thread here in hopes that it might help someone out with this issue:

http://thenexusforum...topic=126510

There is no easy solution yet that I know about, but there are solutions.

Pferdinand

Pferdinand

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
post removed by author

Defakator

Defakator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Noob question: I like the many weapon mods for Fallout 3. But sometimes one mod will have a great texture for a weapon, but not the right sound, while another mod will have the right sound but a crappy texture. I know there must be a way to intermingle them with the G.E.C.K. But I dont exactly know how. Any advice?

Cheers,

3rdtryguy

3rdtryguy

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 538 posts
Here's a question that I know is common, since in my quest for the answer, all I can find are oodles of people asking it:

Where is a list of the quest ID's and quest stages???
I have a glitched quest that I can't get past, but could if I had this handy-dandy list.

rkfan500

rkfan500

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i dont know if it is possible but i cannot figure out how to spawn items that have been modded into the game. for instance when i am in the command console and i type player.additem <item id shown in console> x it tells me that the item number is invalid. so with fook2 i can get the item codes but i cant spawn any of the items or for similar mods that add guns or armor i am still stuck.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.029 seconds