Frequently Asked Questions

LHammonds

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, I was wondering if someone could direct me to the correct forum thread to post on for a project looking for modders and animators? I just made an account on here and I don't want to start off by posting where I shouldn't but I can't seem to find a section that my topic would fall under specifically. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I was wondering if someone could direct me to the correct forum thread to post on for a project looking for modders and animators? I just made an account on here and I don't want to start off by posting where I shouldn't but I can't seem to find a section that my topic would fall under specifically. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks. :)

I havent seen a topic specifically for that. Create a new topic either in mod talk or requests (i think they see more mod talk but im not sure).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Im going to be the first to say this. that lil fake fullscreen mod by BUDA20 is the answer to random crashes not usually associated with a mod or your load order. if your machine is an older one i recommend that.

i would crash maybe every 3 hours.

Now i dont crash at all. you can even max out your settings if your Pc can handle em.

its a godsend people.

Shadowshinobi, get wrye flash and learn how to use that. its better for merging a lot of mods into one.

If your talking about a simple merged patch there is a tutorial for it where you downloaded it.

but ill sum it up for you

1. make a 2 copys of fo3edit, rename one to fo3masterupdate, the other to fo3masterrestore.

2. run masterupdate.

3. if no errors in your load order show, run fo3edit.

4.let your mods load. ( w8 till it says finish )

5. In the left window where it lists your mods right click and create merged patch.

6. Exit and activate the merged patch in your FOMM. play the game and enjoy!

Edited by einhander888

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind, I discovered a COC marker, but now I have another problem.

I am doing the vault tutorial and every time I try to link to the cavedoor inside the Vault from the door in the wasteland, I get a mapmarker placed in the cave door but I cannot move it.

Clicking and dragging a box to select only gets me th door and the Cave, but not the marker.

Edited by Roycesraphim

• 1 month later...

i dont know if it is possible but i cannot figure out how to spawn items that have been modded into the game. for instance when i am in the command console and i type player.additem <item id shown in console> x it tells me that the item number is invalid. so with fook2 i can get the item codes but i cant spawn any of the items or for similar mods that add guns or armor i am still stuck.

did you remember to tell it how many of that item you wanted spawned? ie: player.additem <item id shown in console> <number of said item> also don't forget that there is a space between each section. I've done that before, forget to put a space between the code and the quantity and then I was freaking out speding an hour trying to figure what went wrong.