Where's YOUR homebase?

StormWolf01

Most of us do tend to use one particular settlement as our home base. Or where we tend to use the most, or do the most building to.

I really don't do the whole settlement thing anymore, so building them up isn't something that I do a lot. But I've got two favorite places.

One is a revamped Home plate that has a basement, and a bit more open space on the ground floor. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27955

The other is a nice, medium sized underground bunker just outside of concord. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27361

Both suit my needs pretty well, as I usually don't add much more than a few beds and some workbenches. They're both either indoors, or underground. Why does that matter to me? Because radstorms suck.

Especially with my lousy video card.

So yeah, where do you folks like to hang out when you're not putting ghouls, raiders, gunners, mutants, or what have you, into dirtnaps?

I usually build at starlight drive-in. I will set up some stuff at Sanctuary for Preston and the gang, but then I only show up there to turn in quests..... I tend to build large, walled, compounds, and then plant my house in the middle of it. In one playthru, I had secret passages, elevators, and the whole nine yards. And everything was lighted, and powered, and controlled by switches. That one took some time. :D Think I spent more time searching out more resources to continue building, than I did anything else. :D

Man Deja vu.

Anyway I use Sanctuary or Starlight Drive in. But I've also used Boston Airport when I go with the BoS. I use a mod to turn it into a full settlement. I tried to build on Spectacle Island and turn it into a base for the Institute, but I got bored there.

With regards to building it kinda depends on what I feel like. If I want to get it done quickly I use lots of prefab materials and quickly build a town. Sometimes I go crazy on building. Still more recently I don't really want to go that far anymore as it takes a lot of time.

The main reasons I use the settlements for income and materials. They are the best source of purified water and most importantly adhesive.

Edited by AeonsLegend

My guy usually is a sneaky sniper/thief drifter who uses "Campsite" on the road. For the settlements? He doesn't spend a lot of time in any of them - import a blueprint and touch it up a bit and then he's gone again. The closest I come to a "homebase" is "The Crypt", near Boston Commons where He stores things that he can't bring himself to get rid of (named weapons and arnour, notes, letters and other things he considers trophies or memorabilia. Bobbleheads and magazines also). I usually head to Goodneighbor right off the bat and do the quests there, especially the Silver Shroud series, because my guy likes the costume and wears it for the rest of the game. Then up to Bunker Hill to do the 2 quests up there, usually getting hooked into doing the Cabot series. After which, if I'm using Depravity, I start that series, otherwise I go bail Preston out. I love that Campsite mod and won't be without it.

back when playing the game, i made my own place's, i have a smal cabin somewere in the woods, with all benches, and a big 1 also somewere in the woods(pic under my profile)

as for all other settlements i just shoot any 1 i saw

i don't like settlements at all, although i had fun making them

I'm quite fond of Croup Manor. It's nice having a settlement with an interior cell on the grounds. And I like the small exclusive island. I've been rolling over a build there using Transfer Settlements, over the course of like a dozen different characters. Gonna finish it one of these days...

My other favorite is Bobbi's Place in Goodneighbor. I usually use another mod (portable workshop) to actually build Goodneighbor itself to my liking. I really like the city. But that doesn't make Goodneighbor an actual settlement. Can't send settlers or what-have-you. Which I guess is also true for Bobbi's Place. Anyhoo, Goodneighbor is always the first place I try to make it to when starting a new game.

And when using Conquest, I like turning Slim's clearing into a settlement. First of all, it's nice having a non-settlement Vendor on the grounds. Gotta make him essential, tho. But also, there's an interior location right across the street and like I said - it's nice having those on the grounds.

But i'll tell you which settlement has never been my home base. Tenpines Bluff. I've just never been able to build anything worthwhile there. I usually end up killing the settlers instead of helping them when Preston sends me to meet them. Did you know you don't actually have to help them? You can just kill them and Preson will still accept it. His dialogue is pretty hilarious when you tell him you failed, too. Because the only possible way to fail is by killing them.

I couldn't find any blank slate house mods I liked, so I just used settlement sites like Starlight Drive-in.

I use the Capsule House mod, so my home base is just a bunch of capsule houses stuck together on a large concrete foundation. Add Creative Clutter and Homemaker for the interior, and I have a nice modular post Armaggeddon slice of paradise. Vaults or caravans, living in a sardine can isn't so bad after all.

I'm a tad bit fond of Croup Manor also. I'm a horrible neighbor tho. After I clear the place out, I'll haul off the ghoul corpses, and leave them on the neighbor's doorsteps as house warming gifts :D

LOL Maybe they'll think that the cat drug it in :wink:

Edited by StormWolf01

I'm a tad bit fond of Croup Manor also. I'm a horrible neighbor tho. After I clear the place out, I'll haul off the ghoul corpses, and leave them on the neighbor's doorsteps as house warming gifts :D

LOL Maybe they'll think that the cat drug it in :wink:

So, when you cat leaves something like that on your doorstep, are they trying to say "Hey, I love you, here's something to eat that I brought you.", or, are they saying: "Hey idiot, here's what I think of you....."

That is a really hard call to make.

it could be that they're saying "Hey thanks for feeding me all the time, here's a little something back."

It could be that they want to hear you curse when you leave the house in a hurry to get to work and step on it.