All DLC missing in mod managers

wackyflappybob

I've struggled with this for 3 days now trying to get basic mods set up. From the beginning, the root of my problems has been the DLC items not showing up in either mod manager. After checking and rechecking them in data files through the launcher and making sure they are in my fo3goty data folder, they still appear as missing and then deselect everything in my mod managers. I might also add that I have yet to get the DLC plugins to appear in NMM(not sure if that's just how it is or not) so any mod requiring them disables itself because the DLC is apparently missing. It's been hard searching for info on fixing this and what little info i did find, didn't apply. So now I'm asking for help through you all and hoping for someone to help me out. I purchased the goty edition through steam so no reason for them not to be there. They show up in LOOT even when not showing up on NMM. So far, I have successfully installed FOSE, Large address aware enabler, g4wl disabler, UFO3Patch, NMC, CASM, and the official 1.7 patch. While setting up the Paradox RH ironsights, it reverted back to saying that the dlc is missing. I'm also on win10. Sorry if this is too much info, but i just wanna put out as much as possible to help figure this out. Thanks in advance.

TL;DR: "DLC is missing" error constantly recurring while setting up mods. Along with constant rechecking of all esps in Data Files. Any help is appreciated

The only thing I could think of is if your DLC files are corrupted.

Open up your Fallout 3 data folder and see if these files are the correct size...

Anchorage.esm 13.0 MB

Anchorage - Main.bsa 519 MB

BrokenSteel.esm 9.98 MB

BrokenSteel - Main.bsa 503 MB

I'd say you need to wipe it all and start over. Then just play with the Main file to the end of the vault intro. And if you have a mod that does something in the intro ... then add it and try again.

After that ... add one DLC at a time and test in game. From there start adding mods.

Keep in mind there is a prescribed load order for the DLC's . Which then you need to keep that same order for files that rely on them.

If your game is through steam , I know you can run a file integrity check ... as a mention for what Alt91 suggests is the problem.

Also installing the game outside of ProgramFiles is a necessity for some people to mod it.

Where as with Steam ... you then need to install it outside of ProgramFiles first. Which they have a help section telling you how to move a steam install.