Breakdown doing a CTD in a few seconds after starting save!

leotheEliteMajor117

Idk how this happened but when I was playing in breakdown lvl 5, as I was about to find a the last outpost with meds, the game crashed or CTD.

After that, I again started the save, and, after a few seconds, the game CTDs before even going out of my base at Snyder warehouse.

I've got like 55 people. I guess that's why my game is doing a CTD in a few seconds? Literally, it's a CTD, tried playing the Storyline and Lifeline and seems very fine to me but Breakdown just CTDs after playing a few seconds.

I need help if anybody is still active! I wish there was a bug fix mod for this game, not all games are considered "Completed" as that particular game still has bugs which have not yet been covered by the devs.

Also I'm playing Non-YOSE of SoD 1. Idk where the crash log is.

Any help?

Update: I tried the technique in which you have to do a 2nd profile and play with it until it saves and switch back to your 1st profile. I did it and...the CTD still occurs on the 1st save. I need help ASAP!

Edited by LabroLEO

You have too many people. Unmodded, the world maximum population is 53, and the game will in fact kill off members of other enclaves when it reaches 53, so 52 is essentially the maximum.

However, if you made any changes yourself, revert them and try again, as you may have a syntax error or invalid value causing the problem.

You have too many people. Unmodded, the world maximum population is 53, and the game will in fact kill off members of other enclaves when it reaches 53, so 52 is essentially the maximum.

Â

However, if you made any changes yourself, revert them and try again, as you may have a syntax error or invalid value causing the problem.

My game is modded. 1.6 version of your mod for Non-YOSE of SoD 1.

I knew it was overpopulation. Any trick I can fight off this damn bug? Should've not brought those 4 survivors who have the "Slacker" traits.

I did change the value of survivors getting sick, I gave it 10 nines on that one output amount thingy so I guess that's why?

Those values are percentages, so the maximum would be 100.Â

I gave it only nine 9s left so I think ten 9s are way over IMO.

Well, back to topic, is there anyway to make the game accept more survivors in a homebase to stop it from doing a CTD? My last ditch solution is revert back to my backup save, which is still in lvl 4 of breakdown.

Not really. It is basically a resource issue. Many people used to run into problems with as low as 20-24 survivors.

You might be able to shutdown other processes to free up enough memory to let it run a bit longer... and then exile or otherwise remove the extra people. But it may be easier to just start the level again.

Edited by qmjs

Not really. It is basically a resource issue. Many people used to run into problems with as low as 20-24 survivors.

ÃÂ

You might be able to shutdown other processes to free up enough memory to let it run a bit longer... and then exile or otherwise remove the extra people. But it may be easier to just start the level again.

Well yeah, I guess reverting back to my backup save is the only way to go.

Hoping there is a bug fix mod, it's been a long time now since SoD Non-YOSE and SoD YOSE ever got an unofficial bug fix mod.

P.S If possible, is there anyway to mod how many survivors can go into the RV just by choosing their profile and clicking (E) instead of doing the Non-YOSE unlimited survivors on RV glitch? I'm kinda becoming lazy doing that glitch more and more. Is it hardcoded or nah? Thx for answers!

Edited by LabroLEO

Take a look at https://www.nexusmods.com/stateofdecay/mods/273?tab=files

Look at the activites version, unzip it all and look for the PutPeopleonRV action. Read the description too, because it is a file swapping mod.

I helped him write this one a long time ago, and it basically is a less-cheaty version where it has an actual cost and puts 5 more people on the rv each time you bring back a rucksack. But, the action shows a simple example of selecting a character (by traits, can adapt to name, hero, whatever) and how to assign the trait.