tentibias

I am pretty new to mods, so there may be an obvious fix I'm overlooking. I have a lot of mods enabled, most of which don't significantly change the game, rather, are just quality of life mods (extended quickbind slots, beacon colours, pick up occupied containers), and additional base components. Since it's so many, I'm hoping someone a little more experienced can help me troubleshoot.

I have no problem building the moonpool, but attempting to build the vehicle upgrade console triggers a glitch in which water fills the moonpool, doorframes access the outside without water physics, ladders are noninteractable, and the build animation freezes with the static, shimmering animation still visible, and the console showing 100% constructed (as opposed to just being finished constructing).

I have tried disabling a few mods that seemed like likely culprits, including moonpool vehicle repair, moonpool auto storage, and cyclops vehicle upgrade console, but none of those have had an impact on the glitch (I have removed the moonpool and tried again each time, to be sure).

I doubt this would stop me from playing and finishing the game, but it's inconvenient. I'll try to attach a screenshot of the mods I have enabled, below.

tl;dr one of the mods I have is making the moonpool glitch whenever I try to build the vehicle upgrade console.

I have this same problem right now. I started a new world and I have been playing it for 4 hours over a week. I had a lot of resources and than I built a vehicle upgrade console and it did everything you said, and deleted my lockers. I lost everything. So than I was taking 1 mod out and going back into the world to build the upgrade console. The first mod I took out made the glitch go away, It was Anisotropic Fix. So I made a new survival. I got back to where I was in 2 days. I built a vehicle upgrade console and the glitch did not go away. At the time of posting this I will look through both of our mods and see which ones we have in common and I will take them out and than go in the world and build a upgrade console to help us both, and any other people out there.

Edit: So I have gone through the mods until the glitch was fixed. Defabricator is causing the glitch. I double checked to make sure it was it, and it was. I was going to check the original defabricator page and saw Defabricator for the Little big update. So that probably means that you need that version of the mod because the update glitched out the original. Happy to help :)

Edited by TheGamerCat189

I have this same problem right now. I started a new world and I have been playing it for 4 hours over a week. I had a lot of resources and than I built a vehicle upgrade console and it did everything you said, and deleted my lockers. I lost everything. So than I was taking 1 mod out and going back into the world to build the upgrade console. The first mod I took out made the glitch go away, It was Anisotropic Fix. So I made a new survival. I got back to where I was in 2 days. I built a vehicle upgrade console and the glitch did not go away. At the time of posting this I will look through both of our mods and see which ones we have in common and I will take them out and than go in the world and build a upgrade console to help us both, and any other people out there.

Edit: So I have gone through the mods until the glitch was fixed. Defabricator is causing the glitch. I double checked to make sure it was it, and it was. I was going to check the original defabricator page and saw Defabricator for the Little big update. So that probably means that you need that version of the mod because the update glitched out the original. Happy to help :smile:

I removed the defabricator and it fixed the problem. Checking the forum for the mod, it's clear this was a universal problem. Thank you for helping me!

• 3 months later...