fallout 4 textures 1st person

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Fandoman

Fandoman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

I'm Having an issue where the terrain goes black when I look at the ground in 1st person.  Things are completely fine in 3rd person, which I find weird.

Screenshots of the issue:

Current Load Order:

Active Mod Files:

Spoiler

SpaceMachineSixThousandOne

SpaceMachineSixThousandOne

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Disable all the mods.  Try to duplicate the issue.  If the black goes away, turn half the mods on.  Try to duplicate.  If the black still hasn't returned keep doing this by enabling/disabling half the remaining mods until you have the mod that is causing it located.  If it isn't the mods then I guess you corrupted your savegame or have botched config settings.  This could be a issue with the current weather, wait,  ~set timescale to 3000 watch the time fly as you look to see the sun/moon light working correctly on those poly where the black was.  Turn off shadows, see if that might have something to do with it?  Disable volumetric lighting & godray.  Move your config files out of my documents/mygames  then run the launcher to auto generate a new one, go try to duplicate the issue.  Start a new game, and try to duplicate the issue.  The only thing I've ever seen that was even close to being as weird as your pitch black 1st person was FNV when we ended up with inverted daylight.  The sun is out, but the night sky is out which is dark, and all those stars.

StormWolf01

StormWolf01

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Ok, so this is one of those areas where you guys most definitely have more knowledge about this, than I do.

So I'm simply just asking.

Is it possible that this could be caused by a bad driver for the video card?  Or possibly a setting in the video card?

I mean, honestly, yeah... my first thought is that it's a game setting, or mod conflict.  But this is outside my area of expertise, so I'm kinda wanting to see if there might be something else that could cause it.

Thanks in advance!

-Storm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fallout 4, textures, 1st person

Page loaded in: 1.120 seconds