Can't replace monster npc sound files!

FreddyMcFish

Hello!

I am currently working on replacing a bunch of sound files in Oblivion by using Audacity and changing my dersired files into MP3 file with the setting: "44100 Hz, 64 kbps cbr (constant bit rate), Channels: mono"

This works well for chaning the music and the voice files for humanoids, but I can't get it to work for monster npcs like goblins/rats etc.

I've tried creating a folder in Oblivion/Data/Sound/FX/NPC for the desired NPC i want to replace voice files for and changing the file to the name of the file I want to replace for example: "npc_goblin_attack_01", but for some reason it doesn't work, even when the exact same method works for humanoid npcs and music.

Does anyone know how to replace monster npc voice files? It would be great if you could help me out!

Thanks for reading!

i don't know about Oblivion, but in Skyrim, for example, some monster nps sounds are controlled by a dialogue quest instead of via the attack sounds settings in the actor form. Maybe Oblivion uses a similar setup, in which case, you would have to find the appropriate dialogue quest and replace whatever sound files that quest is using.