Combining Mods Question (Personal Use, not uploading)

Hrafnkol

I am trying to combine two mods so that I can use both of their custom scripts at the same time. From what I understand (unless I'm wrong), when Djinni compiles the NSS file after I edit it it will be compiled into an NCS file, correct? This seems like it would be straightforward for the files named customscript.nss & customscript.ncs, but do I have to handle def_arealoaded in any special way?
The specific mods I'm trying to combine are Meditaate Anywhere and More & Wolf Companion.

I am trying to combine two mods so that I can use both of their custom scripts at the same time. From what I understand (unless I'm wrong), when Djinni compiles the NSS file after I edit it it will be compiled into an NCS file, correct?

Correct! You don't actually need the NSS file for anything, since the game only uses the NCS files. I include the NSS files with my mods specifically so that people can do what you're doing -- combine mods if they want to (or see how things are made, so they can learn to make mods of their own).

This seems like it would be straightforward for the files named customscript.nss & customscript.ncs, but do I have to handle def_arealoaded in any special way?

The specific mods I'm trying to combine are Meditaate Anywhere and More & Wolf Companion.

We don't have the NSS file for def_arealoaded, so you pretty much CAN'T do anything with it. Be sure to include it, though, since the modded def_arealoaded script is what calls custom_script. When you compile custom_script.nss into custom_script.ncs, do make sure you put the underscore in there -- custom_script, not customscript -- because that's the file name that def_arealoaded calls.

Thanks so much! I've stolen assets from other people's created my first two personal mods! I used your wolf mod and the meditation & more mod, and I used the hair from the Native American mod and used gimp to modify warrenhoffman's Geralt of Rivia face retexture to create a fairer-skinned Geralt (took me awhile to figure out why shadows weren't working; had to pay attention to the mipmaps). I'm actually thinking about messaging the authors of those two mods for permission to upload, but considering that I've basically done completely minimal work, I doubt I will.

Edited by Hrafnkol