Fable Anniversary Vortex Support

xonemanlegacy

I know that the modding scene is kinda dead for fable due to the tools that lionhead provided not being useful for anything but cosmetic changes at best but Iâd like to see this game included in vortex to make it easier for some users to install mods without having to use complicated outdated tools. From what Iâve figured out I can mod my game, take the files that were changed and make a folder directory that is able to be dragged and dropped into the steam folder allowing for the mods to be seamlessly installed without hassle. If I could take it one step further and have it instal at the push of a button I would. I want to continue converting mod packages from the original game to fable anniversary so others can use them without the difficulties that plague the game

Hey,

While I'm not sure it's a game we'll get around to adding for a while (unless someone on the team has the game, we can't test it), you can always look at adding it to Vortex yourself.

I wrote an article to give some basic direction https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_a_game_extension_for_Vortex

Hey,

While I'm not sure it's a game we'll get around to adding for a while (unless someone on the team has the game, we can't test it), you can always look at adding it to Vortex yourself.

I wrote an article to give some basic direction https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Creating_a_game_extension_for_Vortex

so after an afternoon of messing with the files through trial an error i think i‘ve made an extension (basic one) that will work just fine for the mods that people can make for fable anniversary. next best thing would be a download with vortex button on the mods im making. https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/84/

Hey that's great!

We'll turn on the buttons for you soon, but first I need to you repack your archive (otherwise Vortex can't install it automatically). If you can just remove the "game-fableanniversary" folder and have the zip just contain the 3 files that'd be perfect :)

Have you tested it with a good number of popular Fable mods to make sure it install them properly?

Let us know if you have any questions.

Hey that's great!

We'll turn on the buttons for you soon, but first I need to you repack your archive (otherwise Vortex can't install it automatically). If you can just remove the "game-fableanniversary" folder and have the zip just contain the 3 files that'd be perfect :smile:

Have you tested it with a good number of popular Fable mods to make sure it install them properly?

Let us know if you have any questions.

I uploaded it again as you asked :) https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/84?tab=files

Unlike most forums - our Admins are downright useful.

And your not kidding lol, I have had no luck on any of the fable modding community websites

Â

Have you tested it with a good number of popular Fable mods to make sure it install them properly?Â

Â

Let us know if you have any questions.Â

Not many people have made mods with this feature in mind nor will most or any cosmetic mods work with it because the mod tools for the game are rubbish and require you to use steam workshop if you donât want to change the models in the editor yourself. But this should be a good jumping off point for people to really explore what we can really do with the game. Iâm going to be trying to port some cosmetic mods into this format to try and get them working though.

Alright cool, when you get time I would suggest adding an installer to the extension, currently it will just extract the contents of any downloaded .zip file directly into the mods folder. Which is fine if all mods are structured correctly, but becomes problematic if there are different kinds of mods or different folder structures.