[Divinity Engine Help Needed] Models not oriented right when importing.

gameguy39

Hello all, this is my first time exploring the Nexus Forums, but I have hit a snag in my modding. I am wanting to create a new character race for "half-elves". I am making a Dnd Style adventure mod and want to include some races not normally in the game. So I created the files for the race and just used the base human model for everything. It works in game and I can make the character, but I want to change around the models so I can add elven ears to the half-elves in order to differentiate them from humans. So now onto the problem:

I used the EE Pak Extractor in order to get access to the models for the heads. (In this case, using Humans_Male_Body_Naked_A_Head_A)

Then I changed around the ears on the model in order to make them pointed and more elven, but not overly exxagerated. All was fine. I used the Pak Extractor to convert the granny (.gr2) file into a Collada (.dae) so that I could use blender in order to edit the model, as I have more experience using that than Adobe. The only thing I changed was the couple vertices on the ears to make them pointed, then mirroring it to the other side. Here is the completed model.

Iqj04r9.png

I didn't change anything about the skeleton or armature. So I exported it back to a Collada file and used the Pak extractor in order to convert it back into a Granny file as shown here:

cSysBXL.png

Then I threw that file into the Divinity Original Sin 2 DefEd public folder where my mod was. (DefEd/data/public/_modname)

I imported it into the divinity engine as a test and looked at the model, but the orientation was off.

3NH4XTz.png

I don't know what's wrong. I realized that within the editor, the Y-axis is up. But that didn't help me. I changed the model to have the Y-axis be up and did all this again, but it turned out the same. I also tried using the "convert to Y-up" option on the Pak extractor, but nothing seems to work and make it the right orientation. What should I do?