CPBC Not Working?

Walkerrrrr

Hello, recently I decided to get back to Skyrim and download Ultimate Immersion's Micro Mod-list. I added and replaced a few other mods not included with the list. I downloaded CBBE, along with CBPC.

(Also a heads-up, I used Vortex)

- I downloaded XP32 Maximum Skeleton properly with the Physics Extension

- Installed CBBE with the T/BBP option

- Installed SKSE64 Version 2.0.17 but I did come across an issue (I'll go over that in a bit)

- FNIS was also working well

- I ran Bodyslide, building with the CBBE Curvy preset and CBBE Body Physics

- Always using SKSE64 Loader whenever I decide to play.

All of that yet nothing works. Not really sure what to do at this point. Although, I think I had a bit of it working before and what happened was that whenever I crouched my character's breasts and butt would be crushed into my body. It looks as if the parts were inverted. Also, whenever I jumped my butt would stretch downwards a small bit. After that I tried to make it actually work fully but I ended up with a normal CBBE body without physics.

Here's my load order in case y'all need to see it:

http://prntscr.com/qy89sf

Also whenever I load into my game, I get SKSE errors saying that my mods are detecting SKSE64 Version 0.0.0.0 or whatever. It makes those mods not work properly. Im guessing this has something to do with the reason why my physics mod doesn't work.

I feel like my FNIS generate results also have a part to play in this situation but I'm not completely sure, so here's how it looks:

I'm starting to lose hope, but hopefully with this post I might be able to get some understanding out of this.
Edited by Walkerrrrr

Get rid of Vortex. Use Nexus Mod Manager (NMM) or Mod Organiser 2 (MO2). I've tried Vortex (got over 500 mods installed) and it screws-up a lot of things despite it being adverted and treated like it will cure your asthma too. Never used MO2 but been using NMM for almost ten years without having problems with installing and using mods through it.

Get rid of Vortex. Use Nexus Mod Manager(NMM) or Mod Organiser 2 (MO2). I've tried Vortex (got over 500 mods installed) and it screws-up a lot of things despite it being adverted and treated like it will cure your asthma too. Never used MO2 but been using NMM for almost ten years without having problems with installing and using mods through it.

Thanks for the feedback and assurance. I had that thought in mind but wanted to make sure if I should or not.

Edited by Walkerrrrr

You don't appear to have all that many mods in your listings that might require a lower level mod manager. If you're cool with switching managers after the fact, fine, but anecdotally speaking, I have around 250 mods installed, have swapped out another 150 or so as I tried and found them more "meh" than "ah...!" and I have had almost no issues with Vortex. Granted I started my game with Vortex and only started playing a year ago, so ymmv...

First thing I'd ask is this: why are you using TBBP? That seems a bit outdated, what with BHNUNP, CBBE, and 3BBE being the current body standards along with HDT-SMP (No, I'm not recommending SMP for bodies..way to much clock tick consumption even for many mid-high range systems, but HDT is a solid engine for the new body types.)

Ok so hopefully I didn't rub you the wrong way with that question... It wasn't my intent, I'm just curious...maybe you come from LE where that used to be the standard or are using (?possibly?) a console where the new specs are (again, possibly) unavailable... idk...

If you're on a PC, I'd recommend looking into one of the newer body types and installing the HDT framework.

Next: Are you using Sinful CPB CBP as the PID (or PI, not sure) Controller for bounce?

(not sure what other options there are, but) if so, make sure it's updating. There's a setting that by default is turned off in the MCM (ie, on installation of the mod). Without it enabled, ain't no bouncy.

good luck

You don't appear to have all that many mods in your listings that might require a lower level mod manager. If you're cool with switching managers after the fact, fine, but anecdotally speaking, I have around 250 mods installed, have swapped out another 150 or so as I tried and found them more "meh" than "ah...!" and I have had almost no issues with Vortex. Granted I started my game with Vortex and only started playing a year ago, so ymmv...

First thing I'd ask is this: why are you using TBBP? That seems a bit outdated, what with BHNUNP, CBBE, and 3BBE being the current body standards along with HDT-SMP (No, I'm not recommending SMP for bodies..way to much clock tick consumption even for many mid-high range systems, but HDT is a solid engine for the new body types.)

Ok so hopefully I didn't rub you the wrong way with that question... It wasn't my intent, I'm just curious...maybe you come from LE where that used to be the standard or are using (?possibly?) a console where the new specs are (again, possibly) unavailable... idk...

If you're on a PC, I'd recommend looking into one of the newer body types and installing the HDT framework.

Next: Are you using Sinful CPB CBP as the PID (or PI, not sure) Controller for bounce?

(not sure what other options there are, but) if so, make sure it's updating. There's a setting that by default is turned off in the MCM (ie, on installation of the mod). Without it enabled, ain't no bouncy.

good luck

Okay, well first of all I am not using T/BBP. Its just the option I was told I gotta choose when installing CBBE. As for the reason why I'm using CBBE, I like the bodyslide feature and the amount of other mods that use that body compared to UNP and such. I did try UNP in the first place but it didn't work when I was trying to get physics working, but then again CBBE didn't work either. Plus, UNP doesn't have a bodyslide (I think so).

If you have a body that you'll like to recommend along with physics, I'd be absolutely up for it. Doesn't matter if its UNP, I can try that out again.

Onto the actual topic:

I did not download the HDT framework (not even sure where or how to get it) since I wasn't using HDT physics at the time (Was using CBPC). I dunno if I still need it if I'm using CBP, but I'll look into that.

As for the Sinful thingy, I did not use it. Never knew I needed a controller for that.

I was super limited with MCM and s*** like Racemenu. SKSE was bugging hard for me and I had no idea how to fix it. Always said ERROR CODE 1 or sum like that. Think it had to do with the version not matching my Skyrim SE, even though I checked a million times that it was the latest version with the latest version of Skyrim SE. Because of all of this, Racemenu never worked properly (or didn't look like what the screenshots were like). MCM also never really showed the mod menus.

If you have any idea how to fix the SKSE stuff, I'd love it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by Walkerrrrr

I only suggested BHUNP because I associate TBBP with the older LE Skyrim and from some passing article I read while researching something or another implying it was related to the UNP body type. I thought maybe you were coming to SE from LE or something...

CBBE is fine. And if your system is relatively new (ie a system purchased withing the past year or two) 3BBB or 3BBB Advanced depending on where you want to go with skyrim.

For bounce, you need to use either CBBE phsyics or CBBE special when building the player body, and afaik, you'll also need to have a female player. (at least I haven't personally chased and bouncy stuff for my male player...)

I'd recommend that you look around Nexus. for bodies that means using the mod search bar and typing in CBBE, then finding the CBBE mod and reading up on it in its description tab and in the posts tab, or for 3BBB or 3BBB Advanced, doing the same.

Same goes for Sinful CBP, HDT, etc. I can't offer a paint by number solution for you. While in some cases folks in the forums who answer questions might be able to offer a pointer or even a solution to a specific problem on occasion, you really "have to do your own homework" to gain a working understanding of fundamentals. Nexus offers a ton of info on the various mod pages for the different mods. AL it takes is your investment in learning by reading the already existing material.

Please ignore my comment about "controller" and Sinful CPB. That's probably a bit technical for this discussion, at least for most gamers. (PI or PID controllers are the underlying program coding that makes bounce work...)

Presuming you installed the correct version of SKSE for Skyrim SE (instead of the one for LE)...

Afaik, you need several things to make bounce work properly in Skyrim SE

1) a suitable skeleton - XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - XPMSSE is considered the standard

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1988

2) Bodyslide and Outfit Studio - for building your player body and for fitting clothing/armor

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201

3) A suitable body - CBBE, 3BBB, 3BBB Advanced, or BHUNP, depending on what you want

(use the search bar from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods for each of the above and read up. As I noted, CBBE is fine, but read up on the 3BBB anyway...you *might want it instead...idk that's up to you... But Stock CBBE is a safe starting point)

4) The HDT framework. - you'll have to read up on this but briefly, it provides some physics coding that works on "collision" and other things associated with movement (clothing for instance, that moves ~naturally~ in response to player movements) (if you aren't familiar with any of this, again, you need to do some homework. I can't spell it all out for you)

Note: these days, that means HDT-SMP

5) Sinful CBP - the mod that controls bounce.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24313

Beyond that, it's all up to you spending the time to learn, by reviewing mods and reading their description and Posts tabs, Chasing rabbits in google and bing searches, experimenting, etc.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what's wrong with your installation. You might have installed LE mods, the LE version of SKSE, you might have mods installed that are fighting each other, etc etc.

My gut tells me to tell you to start from scratch and install only the stock game, make sure it works, then add the SE version of SKSE, make sure game still works, etc etc...slowly, carefully.

• 1 year later...

Reinstall skse64 if it isnt showing its version , it isnt loading. make sure your loading the game through skse64. search how to start skyrim with skse to make sure your setup correctly.

According to load order I dont see any issue.

Also for some reason bobyslide thens to break cbp. it broke mine and I had to reinstall my body,skelton and cbpc to get it working again. still have a small issue with the penis penetration not working. always make sure the xp32 framework is loaded after all other body modes in load order.