Playable Harmonica Idle

salles44

Edit: There are three in Point Lookout, two even have sound but as said you'd have to port them in for yourself.

Ah, that makes sense, the swampie folk do love their mouth organs.

So JimboUK, just to verify (since your staff), no issues with porting them? I'd love to do it, but just want to make sure I'm not conflicting with any of nexus's policies.

I'm pretty sure JimboUK meant what someone does on their own computer between their Fo3 & FNV file assets is their own business. But the Nexus couldn't have anything to do with the hosting of it.

Those other animations you mentioned being in NV though ... were they just within the main file , or are they in a dlc ? Because one of the market place modules I was trying to do was a band on a stage. Which I didn't want to add any dlc dependencies on.

Good idea with the eating animation ... and I imagine there will be a few others to simulate piano / drums pretty easily.

For the actual audio though ... I guess making a folder for the player to drop their own , properly formatted files in is the way to go?

Add edit : Ahhh jim got me with a ninja

@devinpatterson

As a general rule Bethesda don't allow porting between their titles, of course what people choose to on their own computers is nothing to do with the Nexus, Bethesda or anyone else. There isn't a complete ban on porting stuff, it's allowed if the rights holders allow it and some do, there's a short list here containing some that do, sadly Zenimax don't and get real cranky about it.

However there are a lot of unused FO3 assets in the New Vegas BSA's, they're OK to use as they came with New Vegas. I had a quick look through the NV meshes BSA and they appear to be in there, in which case there's no reason why you can't do it.

tr6h68x.png

@Mktavish beat me to it on the porting. :-D

@devinpatterson

As a general rule Bethesda don't allow porting between their titles, of course what people choose to on their own computers is nothing to do with the Nexus, Bethesda or anyone else. There isn't a complete ban on porting stuff, it's allowed if the rights holders allow it and some do, there's a short list here containing some that do, sadly Zenimax don't and get real cranky about it.

However there are a lot of unused FO3 assets in the New Vegas BSA's, they're OK to use as they came with New Vegas. I had a quick look through the NV meshes BSA and they appear to be in there, in which case there's no reason why you can't do it.

tr6h68x.png

so... can it be done and shared on nexus or not? sadly I don't know a thing about porting

Edited by salles44

@devinpatterson

tr6h68x.png

so... can it be done and shared on nexus or not? sadly I don't know a thing about porting

If those files Jim posted are present in what was sold ... then yes anybody has license to use them for mod assets . Which then it takes making your idea (plugged through the tool) to render in game. So ya , getting to know the tools helps immensely for that purpose.

But keep in mind the idea itself , for where to start , has a significant value towards the render.

Then mod management to a lesser degree ... but still very important to see it through to done.

Just to state mod creation aspects of importance ... beyond the techical expertise with the tools.

However there are a lot of unused FO3 assets in the New Vegas BSA's,

Crap, yeah I'm still a bit rusty didn't even check the bsa, thanks JimboUK

Yep, your good to go. I have some free time late tonight, if somebody hasn't already put it together for you by then I'll start putting it together for you.

However there are a lot of unused FO3 assets in the New Vegas BSA's,

Crap, yeah I'm still a bit rusty didn't even check the bsa, thanks JimboUK

Yep, your good to go. I have some free time late tonight, if somebody hasn't already put it together for you by then I'll start putting it together for you.

Ah Ha ... already did it here >>> psyche

No just messing with ya ... that's what I applaud about you devon ... you take idea's and try to make them happen with the tools. And thereby increasing your skills with the tools.

Atleast that's the way I see it and do it.

Those other animations you mentioned being in NV though ... were they just within the main file , or are they in a dlc ? Because one of the market place modules I was trying to do was a band on a stage. Which I didn't want to add any dlc dependencies on.

Good idea with the eating animation ... and I imagine there will be a few others to simulate piano / drums pretty easily.

I'm pretty sure the guitar, violin and a lot of dances were in NV's esm. I don't think there was much from the dlcs. Maybe a bit from the show in the sierria madre. Let me know if you need 100% verification and I can look through it again.

I jotted down some of them before;

SpecialIdleNVGuitar

SpecialIdleNVTapDance

SpecialIdleSinging

pretty sure those were in the FalloutNV.esm

For the actual audio though ... I guess making a folder for the player to drop their own , properly formatted files in is the way to go?

There should be a ton of public domain harmonica music, so I'll probably just grab some.

It could be done though through external files. I did a mod that let you put your own combat music (in mp3 IIRC) into the game, called "my soundtrack" which was pretty straight forward from what I recall. Wouldn't be a problem to do that with harmonica....I believe.

I should probably do two versions then.

you take idea's and try to make them happen with the tools.

thanks, I try to help out

Please contact me if any of you guys succeeded in making this work

Will do, and no worries I'll have it for you soon(ish) if someone quicker and more able doesn't. BTW you can help out though, by finding a good public domain audio clip you want to use. Don't worry about the format I'll convert it. I'll have some time off tonight, so if you get the chance sooner is better.