3 Factions Alive/Peaceful Ending - RR quests Question

Ilsigi

Hey all,

I'm currently in a playthrough going for the Minutemen ending that leaves both the Railroad and BoS intact and at peace. I'm generally following the framework laid out in this guide. However, I recently deviated a bit by progressing further down the the RR quest line earlier than I'd planned. I'm up to the point in the main quest where I've received The Glowing Sea - I've done MM quests through Old Guns, BoS Quests through Show No Mercy, and have done RR quests Tradecraft, Boston After Dark, Mercer SafeHouse, Jackpot, Butcher's Bill 1, and a handful of the MiLA placing quests. I've received but not started Randolph SafeHouse and Butcher's Bill 2.

The guide I linked to is a bit ambiguous when it comes to when you can do certain RR quests while some other guides say flat out not to start them until later without really presenting any reasoning so I'm a bit worried... does anyone know if having gone further down the RR questline become problematic in trying to achieve the desired ending if I continue down the Main questline at this point?

I can revert to a save where I'd only done Tradecraft and received but not started Boston After Dark before moving forward to play it safe (and I'd only lose an evening or two of playtime) but I'd rather not if it's not necessary as I have done some other random things in that time and getting some of the RR quests (particularly Boston After Dark) to complete properly without running into bugs/issues that mess things up can be frustrating. Then again, I don't want to find myself at a later time having issues with the main quest/factions because I went too far down the RR rabbit hole prematurely... I've just never seen the reasoning why guides for this ending generally say to do most of the RR quests later.

Any advice?

I think Railroad quests are inconsequential. I've done those all including going to the institute and such and still ended with the minutemen with all factions alive. Although I did have to get kicked out of the institute to do it.

Thanks for the input! In theory, I thought the same (and getting banished from the Institute is part of the plan) ... but good to hear some assurance. I'll try forging ahead as is and keep my earlier save just in case I need to go back.