MOD request: VR basebuilding controls fix

jonjh76

When poking around in the pak files, has anyone ever seen anything about the VR UI and controls?

I play in VR with the Rift S, and this is the problem:

When in the base building menu, holding down the grip button on the right touch controller is supposed to activate the rotate and scale function, with the left controller thumbstick doing the actual manipulation of the part. What actually happens though is that when I hold the grip button the UI shifts to the display for the rotate and scale controls, and the item I'm trying to place gets the circle around it that indicates that rotate and scale is active, but all input from the left thumbstick is ignored. I've tried remapping the controls but no matter what I set them to the game doesn't respond to it.

On the other hand if I put my keyboard where I can reach it when I'm wearing the HMD, if I put down the right controller and hold down left alt on the keyboard to activate rotate and scale, the game partly switches back to the non-VR ui and it will then accept input from the left thumbstick.

Which tells me that the problem has something to do with the VR ui, and until HG gets around to fixing it then it would be nice if it would be possible for someone to create a mod with a workaround

I dont use VR myself , does the problem exist when no mods are running or when mods are running ?

Ive poked around some of the mbin files and i dont think ive come across anything VR related tho i probably wouldnt notice if there was .

Tho ... thinking about it , i seem to recall somewhere seeing something about thumbstick - that seemed to stick out ( no pun intended ) as being weird .

If i can recall where i saw it or if i come across it again i`ll let you know - if you dont hear anything for a while it will probably be me still looking/thinking but i will be keeping an eye out .