[LE] Custom Blessing

ElbyDreamer

I've been working on my first mod for a while, and I think I've got the basics of the creationkit down now.
But there's one thing I'd really like to add that I can't figure out nor find any instructions for online.

I've got some statues (from modder's resources) that I'd like to make function as shrines to custom deities. I've been able to make them activatable by placing vanilla shrines on them with "is marker" ticked, but then the game still says "Blessing of Mara/Dibella/Thanos/etc. gained" and I'd like it to be a custom made blessing with its own name, and (if it's not too complicated) its own effect.

I think I'll need to do some scripting for this, but my experience with code/script is very limited and I've never done it for skyrim before so I have no idea where to start...

If anyone could help me out, that would be amazing!

Edited by ElbyDreamer

This does not requires scripting, if you don't intend on doing something very specialize.

1) Create a New Activator using the statues mesh models, there is no need to use 'vanilla shrines on them with "is marker" ticked"'.

2) Insert in your new created activators the same scripts that the vanilla shrines have.

3) To make your own blessings you need to:

A- Create a new Magic Effect with your desired effect.

B- Create a new Spell that it will use your new Magic Effect.

C- Add the spell to your shrine's script.

D- Create the appropriate messages.

E- Add messages to your shrine's script.

If you are new to this, a good practice it would be to duplicate all the REF that a vanilla shrine uses (rename them to your liking), now follow every entry and replace them with your version.

* I find it very hard to believe that there isn't any online tutorials for something like this.

Just out of curiosity i type "custom shrine CK" in google and i picked the first video.

* Almost all of the simple modding related stuffs have been made as tutorials.

Edited by maxarturo

Just out of curiosity i type "custom shrine CK" in google and i picked the first video.
* Almost all of the simple modding related stuffs have been made as tutorials.

Thank you for your help!

I haven't made any magical effects yet so I don't know how to do that, but hopefully this tutorial will help!

I feel kinda stupid with you immediately finding something >_<

Guess I must have used the wrong search terms? I searched "skyrim creation kit custom blessing" and the only thing I found was this: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/SkyrimCKPublic/discussions/1/618457398961123625/ ; _ ;

anyway, thank you again!!