Skull Sniper variant texture help

AjPUNISHER

Just started playing this game within the last 2 weeks or so (late to the party I know) but now I'd like to do some modding but I'm stuck and looking/hoping for some insight.

I'm assuming I must have unpacked and converted the files to dds correctly as the file I want to edit appears on the mesh highlighted below....but I can't find the dds to edit in any of the folders.

Am I missing something simple and I'm just not finding it or is is not accessible aka in a different format? If it's able to be edited any info on what name it uses and the folder(s) it's in would be appreciated.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. The mgsv file name structure and being a new user of unity got me.

Earlier today I was looking through the first section of nearly 25,000 pics again and saw one of the material pics I was looking for...don't know how I missed it before but I hadn't seen it and it wasn't in the folder(s) I thought it was going to be in. I also couldn't find it with the search function because I was using the wrong file names to search with.

What I learned in Unity today:

Select part of the mesh (which will then be highlighted in orange)...look to the right in the 'inspector' tab and scroll down to the shader description area, click the arrowhead.

OoP0dP3.jpg

After clicking the arrow scroll down till you see thumbnails of the applied materials on the right hand side.

In this example...keep in mind only the materials being used on the mesh i have selected are shown, you may have to edit several different maps to get the look your after.

TAnBkOJ.jpg

This is where I was making my mistake. I didn't realize the file names to the left of the thumbnails were basically useless in getting me to a file I could edit. What I know now is I should have double clicked on any of the thumbnails...which selects only that image and then displays what file name it actually uses..

WxJD0Wr.jpg

A simple newbie mistake I guess...but I can now edit my textures in photoshop and bring my edits back to unity and see how they look. Hope my mistake helps someone out.