3 replies to this topic

YanickKrause

YanickKrause

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello,
i've encountered the following problem with my game: my player character has no voice sounds, like when he swings his sword, grunts and stuff. All the other sounds seem to be fine, it's just the PCs voice thats missing. I have already searched the internet for solutions and the only fix I have encountered was to relocate Skyrim to your C: drive, but my game already is located there, so thats no solution. I also already deleted my skyrim.ini and validated my game files via Steam, all of which did not solve the problem. I should also mention, that I did not have that problem a few hours earlier.
My game is highly modded, but apart from immersive sound compendium, which does not alter the player voice, I have no other sound mods installed, so I dont think the mods are where the problem stems from. 
The Problem first showed up, after I deinstalled PCEA2 after trying it out for a couple of minutes, but I dont see how these two things should relate.
I really hope that someone can help me, as I just dont see how to get rid of this problem, I thank you all in advance.

HeyYou

HeyYou

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,257 posts

Anything change on your system?? Add/Remove anything? What speakers are you running? What does windows think your speaker setup is?

YanickKrause

YanickKrause

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I changed nothing on my computer, my speakers are some cheap crap and when I look at my sound settings it reads that I am using Nvidia High Definition Audio, if thats of any interest. I tried updating my audio drivers, but it said that they were already the newest ones available.

YanickKrause

YanickKrause

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

A little update which makes the whole thing even more confusing: I've managed to start a new character who does not suffer from this bug, but every other new character which I create still has the problem

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, skyrim, sound

Page loaded in: 1.082 seconds