Idea for a wacky rare rifle

DylanMay

So this is a request (more of an idea) to any of the weapon creators for Fallout 4. I was watching this episode of forgotten weapons and thought this would be a cool special weapon mod for Fallout 4.

Some image links attached to show the weapon off if you do not want to watch the weapon video.

Over Under

Side by side

I thought it would be amazing if one of the talented weapon creators in this community would consider this as a weapon mod. There is an over and under variant, the larger picture, but I think the side by side is the coolest. It would be amazing if one day someone in the community thought of creating this weapons especially if it fired the .45-70 rounds from the game. If you are a creator who would even consider making this weapon I hope to see it one day on the Fallout 4 Nexus.

Thank you for even checking this post

Sincerely, Dylan May

I've been meaning to get back into 3D modeling for some 'fantasy weapons' I've concepted ("RWBY" setting stuff, like a modernised PTRS that transforms into a giant battle-axe/Halberd type thing). Might want to think about doing some more 'realistic' designs to turn into Fallout Mods too - I would also love to see the Stoner 63A made for Fallout for example (A real-world gun with Fallout4 levels of modability!).

I can actually see the idea of having both versions of the gun (side-by-side & over-under) in-game, with more than just the barrel arrangement to distinguish them. Make the over/under a smaller calibre, no more than the existing hunting-rifle .308, with maybe a 5.56 version. The side-by-side model would be the .45/70 version, which would be pretty close to the biggest you could go IRL, but I could still see the possibility of a .50cal 'upgrade' being an option (it is on the existing single-barrel hunting rifle after all).

Certainly, it wouldn't be something that would appear on leveled lists or anything, regardless. Such a 'hand crafted' design just wouldn't work "mass produced" - FAR too expensive.

Anyway, no promises, I'm not saying I *will* take this on, just that I like the idea and adding my 'two cents' on the whole thing...

~JD