BurpYoshi

Hi, I'm no expert so I'll probably get something wrong here.

I'm trying to use bodyslide to combine outfits together, using CBBE, HDT and BBP.

Everything goes well, I copy weights and conform, but when I try to save the finished result I get the following error:

"The following shapes have unweighted vertices, which can cause issues. The affected vertices have been put under a mask. Do you want to save anyway?"

I'm not too familiar with masks, but from my understanding they make part of the model invisible, useful I guess to stop the reference clipping through the model?

The problem is, it's very unlikely the part of the model being auto-masked when I save is going to clip through anything else, and if it is, I don't care. I don't want it to just be invisible,

but Bodyslide doesn't seem to let me tell it to stop. I can select No on the save, and manually unmask what it masked, but when I try to save it just masks them again!

How do I tell BodySlide to just let me do it without masking? Or even better, fix the weight problems? As said before I'm not really an expert in any of this, so try to explain to me like

I'm a dumbass who doesn't understand anything, thanks.

Just to clear up a little misunderstanding, a mask will colour parts of the model black (so you can see it) and prevents that part from becoming affected by any other tool or any other action (like copying bone weights). It has nothing to do with preventing clipping.

The message you're getting above is very important. It means parts of the model are too far away from the bone to be able to accept any weigth value. If parts of your model are not weighted very odd things will happen in game. So first, clear the mask (Tool > Clear Mask or CTRL+A). Re-do Copy Bone Weights but increase the Search Radius slider, depending how far away the unweighted parts are. Try setting it at 8 or 9 then try to save. If it works, good, if not, do it again (make sure to clear mask first!) and increase it more.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I tried increasing the search radius, and that does reduce the amount of armor that is invisible in the game after copying the weights, but it only goes up to 20, and that's not enough, there's still a few sections that are invisible, so unweighted I assume

increase the Search Radius slider, depending how far away the unweighted parts are. Try setting it at 8 or 9

Then you'll need to manually weight paint those sections. You should never save a project with unweighted verts or ignore the warning, it'll never work.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind, I managed to fix it by increasing the "max vertex targets" slider too but for when that won't work I'll try your suggestion, thanks for the help.