Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Aztez now FREE on the Epic Games store

BigBizkit

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Vortex 1.1.14 is now available and doesn't require this workaround.

Kingdom Come Deliverance on the Epic Games store

We are aware that the current release of Vortex cannot properly identify the Epic Store version of KCD. This is due to the "Win64" folder being named "Win64MasterMasterEpicPGO". While our developers work on updating Vortex to support this version, we have a workaround.

1) Navigate to "KingdomComeDeliverance\bin" and copy the "Win64MasterMasterEpicPGO" folder. Rename the copy to "Win64".

2) Launch Vortex, head to Games and use the search to find Kingdom Come Deliverance.

3) Click manage game and point Vortex to the "KingdomComeDeliverance" folder.

Vortex should now be able to install manage mods.

NOTE: You must launch the game from the Epic Games store. The Vortex launch button will produce an error as the EXE is secured to prevent this type of launch.

Edited by Pickysaurus

In response to post #77514928. #77515128, #77516623, #77517208, #77527253 are all replies on the same post.

ActualBuffalo wrote: How are you supposed to install mods with the Epic Games' version? Vortex doesn't detect it, and the exe directory isn't seen from manually addressing it. Vanilla game works fine but.... I dont want vanilla :'(
Shukuchi wrote: Well it's just another launcher right?
SOGASAKOO wrote: The problem is that Vortex expects to find \KingdomComeDeliverance\bin\Win64\KingdomCome.exe and finds \KingdomComeDeliverance\bin\Win64MasterMasterEpicPGO, at least that's what I've found.

Edit: Duplicating the directory \Win64MasterMasterEpicPGO and renaming it to Win64 makes Vortex detect the game but the game itself does not work.
Shukuchi wrote: If this isn't proving that epic is vastly inferior on top of all their other s#*! then I dunno what does...
lasernetwork wrote: yeah im having the same issue, seems like we cant do it maybe? unless we do it all manually perhaps

See the pin :)

ENB dosn't seem to work with Epic version.....

I've copied Win64MasterMasterEpicPGO and renamed to Win64, tried putting the d3dcompiler_46e.dll and d311.dll in both directories and the game won't launch, or will launch without the ENB.

EDIT: My bad, the Experimental version works just fine....

Edited by Alepap

In response to post #77503638. #77504233, #77509943, #77512028, #77513283, #77513348, #77520323, #77520608, #77527703 are all replies on the same post.

DerinHalil wrote: Why are you shilling for Epic lmao
TheBottomhoodofSteel wrote: >Advertising that a game is free
>> "hur dur why shill epic hur dur hur dur monkey brain say ebic bad"

GGs on the asinine post
elr0y7 wrote: I wouldn't call it shilling, but it's probably because it's one of their biggest new modding communities. So, the more people that have the (free) game, the more people that download mods.
Draiamond wrote: I dont know why people do complain about Epic Store :D Steam needed some healthy concurrence and only because of this you have this particular game for free and lot of discounts on steam and even on epic.
Shukuchi wrote: What epic is providing IS NOT COMPETITION, shills never learn....
Shukuchi wrote: elr0y7 Implying retards that use and defend the Epic store would know about or how to use mods lmao...
Insukio wrote: Regardless of all that s#*!, I got this 30$ game and a bunch of other decent games for free.
ElSopa wrote: "why r u tryin to make moneys with ur job lololol"
The absolute state of the community.
lasernetwork wrote: epic have been accused of selling customer data and a few other really sketchy stuff which is why people avoid them, they really are sketchy but im a slutfor a free game lmao

You can thank the Red Chinese. their company, Tencent, now owns 40% of EGS